Trump Coup Attempt

Trump Coup Attempt  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Not to go all nerdy "Game of Thrones" on you, but it reminds me a statement about "Littlefinger" that was taken from Sun Tzu. "He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes."-Varys

"An evil enemy will burn his own nation to the ground...to rule over the ashes."-Sun Tzu

Very good point.   And sadly so true of our current situation.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This has such strong OJ "If I Did It" vibes it's almost unbelievable. 

So Trump says  St John's Church was still smoldering.    I would envision a burn out church building.  But no the article below

sets the record straight.   The fire in the nursery was 'quickly put out' by the firemen the evening before. 

Oh, and according to Trump Milley was there (at the church a day later)  to 'protect the President of the United States'.  What a small minded,

narcissistic, mentally warped individual we had as president.  It is amazing we survived it.  It just cannot happen again.  

Seems like the church really wasn't smoldering when trump did his photo op. 

https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2020/06/01/fire-causes-minor-damage-to-st-johns-the-church-of-presidents-in-washington-during-night-of-riots/

Just after 10 p.m. on Sunday, someone set a fire in the basement of the parish hall, which firefighters quickly extinguished, The Washington Post reported. The fire was contained to a nursery room, although there was smoke and water damage to other areas of the basement, according to the Rev. Rob Fisher, the church’s rector.

“We’re very happy to report that the rest of the church and parish house is untouched except for some exterior graffiti, which the city’s graffiti team has already covered up,” Fisher and the church’s wardens wrote in a June 1 email to parishioners.

Fisher told Episcopal News Service that the nursery room is “completely destroyed,” but it could have been much worse. Nobody was hurt and none of the church’s “irreplaceable” historical items were damaged, he said in an interview.

17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So Trump says  St John's Church was still smoldering.    I would envision a burn out church building.  But no the article below

sets the record straight.   The fire in the nursery was 'quickly put out' by the firemen the evening before. 

Oh, and according to Trump Milley was there (at the church a day later)  to 'protect the President of the United States'.  What a small minded,

narcissistic, mentally warped individual we had as president.  It is amazing we survived it.  It just cannot happen again.  

Seems like the church really wasn't smoldering when trump did his photo op. 

https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2020/06/01/fire-causes-minor-damage-to-st-johns-the-church-of-presidents-in-washington-during-night-of-riots/

The f#&% does choke like a dog mean? Political ties aside, the man is a moron. 

18 minutes ago, commando said:

next question is....will it happen again?  will donald and his allies whip his fans into another frenzy and unleash them again like he did on  jan 6?

Why wouldn't they do it again if there are no consequences?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

next question is....will it happen again?  will donald and his allies whip his fans into another frenzy and unleash them again like he did on  jan 6?

I don't think it will happen within the next 8 years. I can see it happening if he beats Biden in 2024 and refuses to leave in 2029. But he'd probably win and stay in power until he dies at the age of 86 or whatever.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, commando said:

i think the 1st answer is   maybe.    if he thinks he can do it i believe he will.    but there has been some generals who have stated they will not go along with such a plan so i guess i will say o seriously doubt this happens

2nd question     again would be maybe.  IF the military DID go along...it could succeed.  but i don't see that happening.

3rd.  if he actually starts a military coup and it fails...he will be executed.    i think he is to cowardly to face that possibility.   that is why i don't think he will lead a military coup.  if he does anything it will be agitate his true believers to commit terror acts and claim that those people were acting on their own since nothing can ever be pinned on don the con.

2 hours ago, commando said:

kind of interesting to re-read the first few pages of this thread.    

Damn man...nailed it