Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

We have already lost 5 guys from last years class alone and Frost’s almost entire entry class is gone. 2017 was a busted class. We don’t have a lot of guys to spare. We need a lot of hits & healthy depth. Pretty sure we are like top 10 in transfers if I remember right. If we would get an immediate scholarship back from this I would be okay. But we are gonna be capped by the 25.

Last years class departures concern me, but not his entry class. It was thrown together and filled with guys whom he reached for to garner a class and excitement.  Starting to show. He is learning his lesson. Compare the dynamics of those classes to this year's class.

4 minutes ago, HANC said:

Last years class departures concern me, but not his entry class. It was thrown together and filled with guys whom he reached for to garner a class and excitement.  Starting to show. He is learning his lesson. Compare the dynamics of those classes to this year's class.

I won’t fault him for his entry class but that + 2017 + losing 5 guys from last year puts us in a bad spot 

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

I won’t fault him for his entry class but that + 2017 + losing 5 guys from last year puts us in a bad spot 

Definitely a trend that needs to change. He and staff need to either do a better job of evaluating player talent or character. 

We probably should consider the fact that some of these departures and those in past are mutual, which still doesn't dismiss the fact that guys are gone.

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

For all the JUCO ties this staff really has a hard time evaluating JUCO talent. Or perhaps we were spoiled by Bo’s ability to evaluate it. Frost has already said this but I’d be fine with recruiting maybe 1-2 a year. Grab some young guys from the portal. 

I agree with you. I also consider we have 3 very loud transfers because they were the top rated players at their position. Right now we are a little less than 50/50, rough estimate. 

We still have Phel Payne (I really like that dude and hope he continues to develop), had Deontai Williams (wouldnt hurt having him back) and Honas. People are counting on Jordan Riley, and there’s also Cooper and Mauga-Clements which will tilt the scales yet. It really hurts not having WRs pan out, but that coach is gone. 

If one of Bell, Omar, or Keem would have panned out, then I believe the JUCO route wouldn’t seem as bad. That’s just my opinion though. 

We lost some recruits that appeared to be good on paper during an unprecedented pandemic year where nothing was remotely close to normal.  The majority of those lost were living 1500 miles from home and being forced to live in a capsule without all of the fun that goes along with standard college life.  

Of course we have lost a few unrelated to Covid but, imo, those guys either needed to go (JD) or they weren't going to be major contributors like Green. 

The sky isn't falling...  

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

DLine room isn't in terrible shape. Was expecting more outta Keem in his time here.

Yeah, heading into the season I think he was expected (and he himself probably expected) to become a starter this year, since we lost all of last year's starters. But the young guys stepped up pretty well, and DL isn't one of our bigger weaknesses right now. I don't exactly like losing a guy like him, but at this point I wouldn't call it a major loss.

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yeah, heading into the season I think he was expected (and he himself probably expected) to become a starter this year, since we lost all of last year's starters. But the young guys stepped up pretty well, and DL isn't one of our bigger weaknesses right now. I don't exactly like losing a guy like him, but at this point I wouldn't call it a major loss.

Blocked by Ty and Casey and those guys aren’t going anywhere. Honestly don’t blame guys like Keem leaving if they’re blocked. He has talent, he could go to a group of 6, gets snaps, it clicks for him and boom nfl look. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1