Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

Fong is exceptionally accurate and does not say or predict stuff without close contact to resources. This has not only a leg but two of them. If this happens the staff is toast. They are gonna get killed next year regardless but especially so without Wan’Dale. 

20 minutes ago, Decked said:

Without Wan’Dale we win maybe one game this year. 1-2 games next year. He’s done. Our offense is horrible even with him. No QB, no RB, Frost OL, no WRs. TE room is good. Primed for 100s ranking in total yards. The defense is above average-good but that won’t be enough. Special teams is horrible. 

It’s probably my tenuous grasp on the purpose of message board discussion but won’t we have time after rumors are confirmed to spout all the doom & gloom? I don’t doubt that Wiltfong is a better than average source but man I tire of people freaking out before things are definite. Guess I don’t get the allure of being a Husker fan and not hoping for the best.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Wandale going to me gets a whatever reaction since he would go to Kentucky and their offense is terrible. He would end up regretting it. For myself personally, I've posted before I expect him to go after next season anyways so if Wandale does leave, then it will force Frost to actually use all of his skill talent insted of featuring Wandale, making it easy for defenses to gameplan. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s probably my tenuous grasp on the purpose of message board discussion but won’t we have time after rumors are confirmed to spout all the doom & gloom? I don’t doubt that Wiltfong is a better than average source but man I tire of people freaking out before things are definite. Guess I don’t get the allure of being a Husker fan and not hoping for the best.

I’ll wait don’t worry 

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Link?

Go read the 247 transfer portal threads I linked earlier 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Decked said:

*Rumor mass exodus coming*

but yes there is a rumor that luke may be gone too or at least is looking 

Not in "mass exodus" territory.  Yet.  But we are getting into the "you have got to be sh!tt!ng me" territory if both leave. 

Des Howard, when speaking about Herman getting fired said that Herman couldn't relate to the kids like Campbell and Allen can.  Said Herman was "all his way or the highway".  HE DIDNT ALLUDE to Frost, but I wonder if this might be an issue in general with Frost.  Again, just throwing out any ideas to figure out why we still suck.

Just now, lo country said:

Not in "mass exodus" territory.  Yet.  But we are getting into the "you have got to be sh!tt!ng me" territory if both leave. 

Des Howard, when speaking about Herman getting fired said that Herman couldn't relate to the kids like Campbell and Allen can.  Said Herman was "all his way or the highway".  HE DIDNT ALLUDE to Frost, but I wonder if this might be an issue in general with Frost.  Again, just throwing out any ideas to figure out why we still suck.

In a year or two it won’t matter anymore 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If your posts from the last month or two are examples of you waiting to freak out over actual bad news, boy, are we in for a treat.

No but I’ll just be here to collect your L

Worst comes to worst I eat crow after using legitimate sources instead of grasping at straws like most other rumors spouted in here and we have Wan’Dale and win 3-4 games next year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, lo country said:

I have no idea if Frost is a good coach/great coach/poor coach. I guess we’ll know on 20 years. The only way for  me to judge is the product I see on the field and the win/loss record he has here. UCF doesn’t matter to me anymore. I have no idea about talent either. I know lots love to look at recruiting stars, but I think there’s more to it then that. 

BUT the willingness to throw these years away to build “culture” has never rang right with me. Don’t ask me to restate exact words from 2018/19/20, but you all know as well as I do the coach speak from Frost and Moos was this is a project that has to be completely rebuilt and that 3-5 years and Frost was going to do it his way.  Many players were shown the door because of the Frost culture. Sure, a few would have left anyway, as there is always discipline issues, but what was wrong with making adjustments to win early and win often?  the best recruiting tool is winning. 

and really by year three, shouldn’t we have seen some improvement?  Several of you have argued with me vehemently that there is progress. But why do you have to be an insider or an x’s or o’s guru to see it? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3