Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Not too concerned about skill position players leaving.

Need the continued development of the OL as a priority.

Some act like a skill player at WR will make the difference between 3 wins or 4 wins. No. Better OL play is where you can go from 3 to 8 wins type of improvement. It's always been about the LOS and always will be. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am impressed by your optimism.  Truly. When the leading receiver is leaving (possibly) you find that silver lining.  

Since Frost has been here, you have not step back from your support.

Until our OL is tight, skill positions won't produce.

.....and we're in a better direction than we EVER were under Riley.

And, as.youve self admitted, you criticize every coach we've had including Osborne 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

People were blasting the defense while some were saying they were getting better. Why? Because they were getting better. It took 3 seasons for more people to  realize it. Now NFL level talent is RETURNING to play on D. We just need the offense to come together and winning seasons will be had. Wandale was never the difference between a losing record and a winning record and even without him next season he was never going to be the reason we would go to abowl game. The reason we would go to a bowl game will be the LOS and always will be. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Hope he stays.  If not oh well. Much bigger deal that CTB and other important defenders are back. 

wandale is good but he is 5’6 and doesn’t have great too end speed. He is better as a component piece than the focal point of an offense.  He is not the best wr on any team in the west but us and maybe northwestern and wiscy. We will be fine if Omar is able to play and brown, Nixon and betts get going 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
14 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Hope he stays.  If not oh well. Much bigger deal that CTB and other important defenders are back. 

wandale is good but he is 5’6 and doesn’t have great too end speed. He is better as a component piece than the focal point of an offense.  He is not the best wr on any team in the west but us and maybe northwestern and wiscy. We will be fine if Omar is able to play and brown, Nixon and betts get going 

You pretty well echoed my thoughts. Wan’dale is a really good player and we will miss him but I think we have some guys that could step in without a huge drop off.. And I really do feel that sometimes Frost hampers our offense because he goes into the game saying x player has to get 15 touches. Just seems forced at times vs just calling your best play. My real concern is that Wan’dale is by all accounts a great kid, a leader, and fit our desired “culture”. Pretty much Frost’s prize pony, and if he leaves I think it really does raise some legitimate questions. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
1 minute ago, swmohusker said:

So, two years ago, we had Morgan and needed that second.  Morgan left and then we said we would be okay because we had Spielman [I think ... Lindsey was in there also].  What we saw was that we needed one more good receiver to step up.  We got Wandale and he was gonna be the change as a good #2 and that would open up Spielman.  Spielman left and then the board says we will be fine, we have Wandale ... we just need someone else to step .  Now it's Wandale who will leave and we are back to "we will be fine" ... but we will actually have no proved WR ... let alone a QB who could throw to a #1 WR.

Here is my question ... what if Morgan stays another year [obviously, he couldn't], what if Spielman stayed another year, what if Wandale stays another year.  See ... it's all these "move on's" that put us back to the "next man up" and we aren't deep enough to bear these types of things.  So, I see Wandale moving on as the death of "the hope in Frost".  Guys who came here thinking they were going to win a championship in the next few years see that "it" isn't happening under Frost.

I agree that Wandale is a "component piece" ... but if we could actually keep the WR's for the full term we would be so much better in production.  What I do see is that Wandale sees a better future elsewhere where Frost/QB's are better or have a better use of him.  I don't think Wandale is the type of player to move on from a program that was meeting his expectation.  So, rather than believe that someone else will "step up" ... we really need to be asking why the "face of the franchise" is moving on.

I'm still a believer that it's the building of the DL group and the OL group that will create the best avenue to success ... but to lose a "piece" like Wandale for his Junior and Senior season is something we cannot afford.  Heck this year is a free year, so I think we would have Wandale for three more years if he stayed.  Why would we be okay to see this piece leave.  Huskers ... we have a problem!  That's what I see.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, two years ago, we had Morgan and needed that second.  Morgan left and then we said we would be okay because we had Spielman [I think ... Lindsey was in there also].  What we saw was that we needed one more good receiver to step up.  We got Wandale and he was gonna be the change as a good #2 and that would open up Spielman.  Spielman left and then the board says we will be fine, we have Wandale ... we just need someone else to step .  Now it's Wandale who will leave and we are back to "we will be fine" ... but we will actually have no proved WR ... let alone a QB who could throw to a #1 WR.

Here is my question ... what if Morgan stays another year [obviously, he couldn't], what if Spielman stayed another year, what if Wandale stays another year.  See ... it's all these "move on's" that put us back to the "next man up" and we aren't deep enough to bear these types of things.  So, I see Wandale moving on as the death of "the hope in Frost".  Guys who came here thinking they were going to win a championship in the next few years see that "it" isn't happening under Frost.

I agree that Wandale is a "component piece" ... but if we could actually keep the WR's for the full term we would be so much better in production.  What I do see is that Wandale sees a better future elsewhere where Frost/QB's are better or have a better use of him.  I don't think Wandale is the type of player to move on from a program that was meeting his expectation.  So, rather than believe that someone else will "step up" ... we really need to be asking why the "face of the franchise" is moving on.

I'm still a believer that it's the building of the DL group and the OL group that will create the best avenue to success ... but to lose a "piece" like Wandale for his Junior and Senior season is something we cannot afford.  Heck this year is a free year, so I think we would have Wandale for three more years if he stayed.  Why would we be okay to see this piece leave.  Huskers ... we have a problem!  That's what I see.

Well said