Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

20 hours ago, Snowbird said:

Such a clown. And why Nebraska fans are the worst 

Clown is the one who is leading this program. Guy is about to lose the face of the program and focal point of offense and people think that is just ok. We are not getting better, we are continually getting worse and worse. It’s a joke that people can even defend this crap.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

55 minutes ago, uberism said:

Good talent, but not a gamechanger. Give me a good OL and I will give you 4 Wandales. Give me a bad OL and you may not find a Wandale.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But Frost has built his entire offense around spacing and tempo. Wandale was pretty much the only person in the offense spreading the field vertically or horizontally. Frost uses this spacing to set up his run game. In Frosts offense having Wandales is just as important as a competent OL.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But Frost has built his entire offense around spacing and tempo. Wandale was pretty much the only person in the offense spreading the field vertically or horizontally. Frost uses this spacing to set up his run game. In Frosts offense having Wandales is just as important as a competent OL.

Horizontally yes.  Vertically not quite.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, swmohusker said:

Horizontally yes.  Vertically not quite.  

Horizontal passing game or running? Serious question, how many jet sweeps did Rondale actually break during his 2 years. He is huge weapon, and I have mentioned jets, but then as I sit back, I cant think if many he has produced....honestly, not a ton of bubble or tunnel screens either. He just seems to make plays by finding holes in zones downfield 

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Clown is the one who is leading this program. Guy is about to lose the face of the program and focal point of offense and people think that is just ok. We are not getting better, we are continually getting worse and worse. It’s a joke that people can even defend this crap.

Lacks top end speed, small catch radius, gets armed tackled all of the time when running between the tackles, and only averaged 9 yards a catch last season. He is replaceable a lot easier then some people are making this out to be. 

In the Big Ten, small WR's tend to have a limited impact. The Betts of the world is what you want across the file at WR. Those are the guys that will get wins in the Big Ten, not 4 Wandales out on the field at the same time. It hasn't mattered if Wandale has gotten 6 catches or 9 catches in a game, there have been wins and loses with both cathing stats. 

Getting the ball spread vertically with bigger bodied WR's is what the offense needs. TE production was good last season and will only get better. Double TE's, with Betts, Brown, and Martin = more successful offense. 

Frost's better offenses as a head coach have never had a  Wandale at WR. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Brown, Betts, Martin, Nixon, they are all faster than Wandale. Wandale is shiffty guy in space, but you don't see him taking it to the house for a reason - lacks top end speed. Rahmir is faster too. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

. In Frosts offense having Wandales is just as important as a competent OL.

Even if I give you this point, I would still argue much easier to replace one Wandale esque type athlete compared to a competent OL. So, still the focus should be on the lines, and those seem to be coming along. That's the foundation, then you add the sparkles. I hope among hope that Wandale stays because we need the men with the experience of the past 2 years to help add gravity to the future improvement should the corner turn.  I also really like the kid.. Seems like a class act and a great boon to the program.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

One player is not a team. And if someone wants to go closer to home what can a coach do? Force him to stay? Lol good lord 

• Plus1 1

Wan’Dale was absolutely critical at making first down catches on 3rd down. A mistake eraser. Glue hands. RB fill in when Mills & freshman were down too. This guy plays about 4-5 positions. Probably the only WR besides Falck I would trust to catch a tight 3rd down ball. He’s not a crazy vertical threat due to his lack of top end speed. That’s why we so badly need one so we can use Wan’Dale around the LOS. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Snowbird said:

One player is not a team. And if someone wants to go closer to home what can a coach do? Force him to stay? Lol good lord 

Well considering he is the majority of our offense and Frost and co can’t seem to keep their best playmakers happy 3 years in a row. When they trot Wan’dale as the face of the program and he bolts cause he isn’t happy that is not a good look, no matter how you want to spin it. This is a kid they had at the revealing of the plans for the new facilities and he just leaves? You’re a dolt if you don’t think it’s a bad look for Frost and this program. And what’s going to be the excuse when he doesn’t go to Kentucky and chooses somewhere else? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uberism said:

Give me a good OL and I will give you 4 Wandales. Give me a bad OL and you may not find a Wandale.

Speaking of this, so, I'm good with Jergens moving on, are you?  I mean, it's only taken him three years to learn how to hike a football.  Are we gonna endure this for five [5] years.  The guy is gonna end up with a Masters at hiking the football and really suck at it.  

I'm using this as a point ... we have endured three crappy years of his "learning" and it has killed enough drives or put the D in a bad spot.  as you said, "give me a good OL".  So, if we don't need a player like Wandale and he can just move on because hey, we can replace him with the next guy just like he's a piece of bread ... I'm fine with that view.  But why in the hell do we put up with three years of a crap snapping Center when he obviously can't figure it out and having a good OL is everything?  My thought is that he is probably gonna be worth it when he is a Junior or Senior.  Okay, I get that ... but then why do we not care about keeping a player who has performed as a Freshman and Sophomore who you would think is a great face to the program and you can put pieces around and you would think will have a really good Junior and Senior year [that same one most use as to why to keep Jergens?].  

None of it makes sense to me.  It adds to the death of Scott Frost accomplishing anything here at Nebraska ... and that really bums me out.

Nebraska will win more games next year since the offense would no longer be featured by one player. Will be forced to use all skill talent. There is talent to run the offense even without Wandale. 

People are acting like Wandale was a Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin. Far from it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, uberism said:

Nebraska will win more games next year since the offense would no longer be featured by one player. Will be forced to use all skill talent. There is talent to run the offense even without Wandale. 

People are acting like Wandale was a Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin. Far from it. 

Horrible takes for 500.

2 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

If he is on the team or isn’t they won’t win or lose games with out him. Give me Mills and a good oline you can have Robinson. My life doesn’t change if he leaves or stays lol

Mills may not even come back and our offensive line is average to below average. This is dumb. You need WRs. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1