Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

Just now, Toe said:

@CAHusker AFAICT it's mostly the 247 guys who are saying they expect it to happen. Rivals seems to be more cautious with this one.

Thanks.  So crazy, he gets more touches here than he will get by transferring to a top team.  I haven’t read any of this thread, I am assuming there are other variables, Covid, family, etc.  

@CAHusker I posted this earlier in the thread, but from the rumors I've seen posted online, it sounds like it's his dad and others from back home that are pushing him toward transferring. That would be similar to what happened back when we were recruiting him - he briefly committed to Kentucky (home state team) when we thought we were safe with him, but then he flipped back to us just a little while later and said he'd listened to those back home who wanted him to stay in state instead of just doing what he thought was best for himself.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Toe said:

@CAHusker I posted this earlier in the thread, but from the rumors I've seen posted online, it sounds like it's his dad and others from back home that are pushing him toward transferring. That would be similar to what happened back when we were recruiting him - he briefly committed to Kentucky (home state team) when we thought we were safe with him, but then he flipped back to us just a little while later and said he'd listened to those back home who wanted him to stay in state instead of just doing what he thought was best for himself.

So the Miami rumor is bogus? I can kind of handle him going home but not going the opposite direction. 

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, those swing passes are relatively easy completions and a good opportunity to get a player like Wandale the ball in space. They also do a good job of stretching the defense horizontally, which opens up opportunities for downfield passes to tight ends down the middle.  I don’t really see anything wrong with those swing passes, but you seem to not like them very much. 

The problem I have with the swing passes is that Adrian often throws a flat pass that has gone backwards for a turnover or it doesn’t give the receiver momentum downhill.

Sometimes he stares down the outlet pass before the first WR even comes out of a break, looks for the WR which now makes him late, then looks back at the outlet and the timing is too late there too. 

He’s gritty, he’s a bulldog, he’s a team player, but yet something seems unnatural. Most likely a mixture of talent and especially coaching to his strengths.

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Yep. Read that on the message board last night. His dad tried to pry him away from Nebraska after the 2019/20 season too. Poor kid. I bet the people put down some unfriendly ultimatum to get him to Kentucky.