Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'm not reading though this whole thread. Can someone tell me if Wandale actually is in the transfer portal?

No, there will either be an announcement or it will be immediately leaked. But the rumors have not gone away. We'll definitely know in the next 5 or whatever days (probably sooner), he'll either come back to campus or he won't. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

No, there will either be an announcement or it will be immediately leaked. But the rumors have not gone away. We'll definitely know in the next 5 or whatever days (probably sooner), he'll either come back to campus or he won't. 

Thank you. I figured it was just more rumor doom posting but wanted to make sure.

5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

At what point will HCSF start losing public support?  I think he is still here at least 2 more years.  Again at what point will it get like Riley and Callahan where you knew it was win or you are gone?

I honestly think 2 years. He needs to show progress this year...like actual progress. He is out of viable excuses and if he makes no staff changes then this is it. Either your .500 staff is going to take us upward or it isnt. 

• Plus1 1

Agreed with RedDenver. Kids are wishy washy. When I first read about Wandale's potential transfer I was pretty shocked as well. The more I hear about the forces at home trying to pull him, I am less worried about the direction of the program. 

A coach can do every single thing right, but if a player's family is actively pressuring them to play closer to home, the staff might lose them anyway. Not much to be done here, if he does decided to leave, and I don't hang it on the staff. More than anything I feel terrible for Wandale. To have made up your mind and go to play for a team he seems to really care about only to have family constantly pressure you and question your decision would really mess with your mind, and create undue agony and stress. I hope Wandale follows his heart and conscious and does what is best for him, whatever that may be. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

At what point will HCSF start losing public support?  I think he is still here at least 2 more years.  Again at what point will it get like Riley and Callahan where you knew it was win or you are gone?

I think that is beginning to happen. I havent heard as many outwardly questioning Frost as they did Riley but it sounds like some former players are getting restless.

Frost reminds me more and more of Bo. His ego will be his un-doing. He hires friends or yes men and puts so much on himself.

This clearly isnt working and its time for him to call on help.

• Plus1 1

Man I hope this is just smoke.  I know this team has quite a few gaps to address but making the claim wandale leaving isn't an impact is asinine to me.  Guys literally the one consistent playmaker we have had and this would be a major loss to the team.

Regardless of the circumstances driving this decision, faces of the progrum leaving is never a good thing, regardless of the state of that progrum. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think that is beginning to happen. I havent heard as many outwardly questioning Frost as they did Riley but it sounds like some former players are getting restless.

Frost reminds me more and more of Bo. His ego will be his un-doing. He hires friends or yes men and puts so much on himself.

This clearly isnt working and its time for him to call on help.

That is where I am.  If nothing changes this off season we will see more and more of the same.  (see insanity def.)

• Plus1 1

I hope Wan'Dale doesn't leave, but if he does I don't know that I blame Frost as much as some. Wan'Dale probably hadn't been home in months in the middle of everything going on and then he went home and it probably felt great to be with family. Then if his family or others he's close to are pushing him to come home it might be too much to overcome.

My wife and I went back to our hometown at Christmas time and both of us ended discussing moving home in more seriousness than we ever had. It was just so nice to be around family and friends. A couple weeks later and we aren't feeling that quite as much, but we still talk about.

If Wan'Dale decides to go home I can't blame him and people can disagree with me, but I think it's more about being home than it is a statement on Frost or NU.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

He might already be back - one rumor says that Wandale, his dad, and his old trainer from back home met with Frost the other day. Question is whether he's staying...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1