Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

13 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I hope Wan'Dale doesn't leave, but if he does I don't know that I blame Frost as much as some. Wan'Dale probably hadn't been home in months in the middle of everything going on and then he went home and it probably felt great to be with family. Then if his family or others he's close to are pushing him to come home it might be too much to overcome.

My wife and I went back to our hometown at Christmas time and both of us ended discussing moving home in more seriousness than we ever had. It was just so nice to be around family and friends. A couple weeks later and we aren't feeling that quite as much, but we still talk about.

If Wan'Dale decides to go home I can't blame him and people can disagree with me, but I think it's more about being home than it is a statement on Frost or NU.

Yeah, initially it seemed like the rumor was based on being unhappy here, and that would've been a giant red flag. But now it seems like it's around family, and I really couldn't fault him. It was really difficult for him to come here, and being home for the first time in over 6 months I could completely understand rethinking it. Hopefully this fall there won't be travel restrictions and at least families can come to games/players can go home over breaks, but there's no guarantee. Until I hear anything official I'm still hopeful he sticks around, because I think he wants to be here. But I'm not gonna get mad if family wins out - that's important, and the pandemic has clarified just how important. Hoping he can find a balance with family and Nebraska, but if not I'll have a few drinks and eventually be ok.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Do we also "blame" HCSF for picking up the top rated FCS WR from the portal? Interested to see how this gets spun as a bad thing.

Already started....lol

Now it is why get him if HCSF is going to play AM, because who is throwing him the ball.  

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wants to be back home close to mama. Legit reason. Respect WR!

Yep, I respect that decision as well.  This season had to be tough on everyone with the COVID restrictions.  I still don't like how his dad got so involved with the decision, but that's how it is with some families.

Just now, Touchdown Tommie said:

This one hurts...but, the whole COVID thing really messed with kids and their families.

I am sure all of the Frost haters will jump all over this and make it his fault.

Does he go back to UK or???

My guess is that he will end up at UK or Louisville.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yep, I respect that decision as well.  This season had to be tough on everyone with the COVID restrictions.  I still don't like how his dad got so involved with the decision, but that's how it is with some families

On top of COVID, his mom has MS, don't blame him for wanting to be close. I can certainly say I would do the same. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, QMany said:

Wait, who recruited Wandale? I need to know before I am allowed to levy any criticism on our 12-20 staff.

I think Held and Walters were the big recruiters on Wandale.  I remember Frost being willing to move on from him after his initial commitment to UK, but Held and Walters stuck with his recruiting and flipped him.