Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

You can tell yourselves that this is about family and health, and distance and Covid, or whatever, but you're fooling yourselves.

Those things are important but if we were winning, or had a functional offense that featured him properly, or we had a QB that could get him the ball, he'd still be here.

I'm not part of the fire Frost crowd bc/ changing coaches every 3-4 years is partially why we are here but you are wearing Frosted rosy glasses if you think he is living up to expectations. There are legit issues right now. 

This is not OK. The attrition in general in not OK. The play in the field is not OK. 

The Riley excuse is done. GTFO with that tired nonsense. COVID is something that happened to every school. It plays a part but.......losing is the biggest issue.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think people are reading his tweet wrong.  He wants to be closer to mom AND play in a system that features his talents.  He could go to IN and be closer to mom and be a similar system (although theirs works better right now).  Wouldn't make sense to go to Kentucky if they ran lots of 2 tight pro formation

Kentucky has a new OC, came from the NFL. I'm sure convos took place between new OC and Wandale's crew. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

We found what the haters are going to latch onto guys!   

Dude writes a heartfelt reasoning but a reporter uses a tag line to get readers and that’s what we latch onto!    

Pathetic as usual. 

Subtle differences in wording put a different spin on it, don't they?

Wandale's words: "I intend to find a place closer to my mother and family that will still allow me to achieve my dreams and goals."

ESPiN: "A mix of wanting to be closer to his mother and finding a system that can best feature his talents for the NFL."

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, macroboy said:

You can tell yourselves that this is about family and health, and distance and Covid, or whatever, but you're fooling yourselves.

Those things are important but if we were winning, or had a functional offense that featured him properly, or we had a QB that could get him the ball, he's still be here.

I'm not part of the fire Frost crowd bc/ changing coaches every 3-4 years is partially why we are here but you are wearing Frosted rosy glasses if you think he is living up to expectations. There are legit issues right now. 

This is not OK. The attrition in general in not OK. The play in the field is not OK. 

The Riley excuse is done. GTFO with that tired nonsense. COVID is something that happened to every school. It plays a part but.......losing is the biggest issue.

And you can tell yourself that this doesn't have anything to do with Covid, but you're wrong. Yeah every team has to deal with Covid, and surprise: the portal is full. Also not every player has a super tight-knit family, a mother with complications, and a commitment to a school 750 miles from home. I think a silver lining for him will be a better offense for an NFL future, claiming it's just because we suck is bizarre. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

And you can tell yourself that this doesn't have anything to do with Covid, but you're wrong. Yeah every team has to deal with Covid, and surprise: the portal is full. Also not every player has a super tight-knit family, a mother with complications, and a commitment to a school 750 miles from home. I think a silver lining for him will be a better offense for an NFL future, claiming it's just because we suck is bizarre. 

Not even remotely what I said. C- for reading comprehension.

check out Tony Butler & Aaron Williams comments on Twitter. Oof. 

although if I’m being honest Riley’s players had mediocre talent with an attitude while Scott has wiffed almost totally on skill player evaluation. Scott also seems to rub people the wrong way although not in this case. This was covid. 

• Plus1 1