Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Luke always wanted to be a QB. Can’t blame him but realistically he was gonna be a wildcat QB or WR long term here. Doesn’t have the arm talent. 

I think Luke would be a nice replacement for Wandale ... in regards to what we have left ... but ya, he is gonna be in the portal very soon and I don't blame him at all.  I agree, doesn't have the arm.  This is what I know ... we have our QB and we have our Center. 

20 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I think Luke would be a nice replacement for Wandale ... in regards to what we have left ... but ya, he is gonna be in the portal very soon and I don't blame him at all.  I agree, doesn't have the arm.  This is what I know ... we have our QB and we have our Center. 

where is the Luke smoke coming from?  Not saying I don't believe it but haven't read much into what this is tied to.

One would thikn that not winning the starting job with a team that is in a poor state passing attack wise is some pretty clear writing on the wall that his future isn't cut out at the QB position.  There are very very very very few examples of players who became NFL QBs with this much uncertainty and lack of track record in college.  Only one that really comes to mind is Tannehill but he clearly had an arm at A&M, I don't see that with Luke and arm strength isn't something you're really improving by much at this point- you either got it or ya dont.

I think he'd be an ideal flex player at both RB and WR.  He'd be an excellent change of pace back behind Mills with that speed of his and he can most certainly learn to stretch the defense with certain route packages at the wide out spot... he's got too much speed and playmaking ability to not be on the field.  It be a shame if he and those around him didn't see this as well

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

where is the Luke smoke coming from?  Not saying I don't believe it but haven't read much into what this is tied to.

One would thikn that not winning the starting job with a team that is in a poor state passing attack wise is some pretty clear writing on the wall that his future isn't cut out at the QB position.  There are very very very very few examples of players who became NFL QBs with this much uncertainty and lack of track record in college.  Only one that really comes to mind is Tannehill but he clearly had an arm at A&M, I don't see that with Luke and arm strength isn't something you're really improving by much at this point- you either got it or ya dont.

I think he'd be an ideal flex player at both RB and WR.  He'd be an excellent change of pace back behind Mills with that speed of his and he can most certainly learn to stretch the defense with certain route packages at the wide out spot... he's got too much speed and playmaking ability to not be on the field.  It be a shame if he and those around him didn't see this as well

Previous poster mentioned his latest follows on twitter were Head Coaches or QB coaches at different schools including Iowa State, Purdue, Notre Dame, NDSU, etc.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Previous poster mentioned his latest follows on twitter were Head Coaches or QB coaches at different schools including Iowa State, Purdue, Notre Dame, NDSU, etc.

Yep that was me. I know nothing about him potentially leaving. Just colored me odd he started following 5 different coaches at different schools in the past couple weeks. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep that was me. I know nothing about him potentially leaving. Just colored me odd he started following 5 different coaches at different schools in the past couple weeks. 

Thanks, sorry I didn't know where it was posted. Definitely an odd move unless you're looking at other options. Hope he stays but also hoping he looks at a receiver/Taysom Hill role for us instead of solely QB.

Tutt and others are great if 1/2 or 2/2 guys at S come back 100% snag him if you can. But I would think given how little our depth is at S you would rather find a guy there. 

The one thing about Tutt is he would instantly start on PR/KR. Was pretty good at it at Auburn. That’s a place where we do badly need to improve. And also where our special teams analyst may have an in with him and Tutt already being familiar with N.