Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

15 minutes ago, TheSker said:

McCaffrey has some of the best in football to help with decisions regarding his abilities and his future.

As does Kade Warner for that matter.

And regarding McCaffrey's.....is there any recent news about Dylan?

I think the best minds in football would tell Kade that he's fortunate to be on a roster which enables him to play on occasion.

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, Huskersince62 said:

Yea...I remember...I was one of those thinking he deserved to start..but reality set in and realized I was wrong.

It's debatable ... but he deserved a chance to start, considering what Martinez was doing.  There was nothing wrong with starting him.  He even got a win if I recall.  What was learned and observed over enough time was that both QB's have their own unique set of issues and the coach believed moving forward that it was better to go with one over the other.  At present, we still have no QB that we truly feel good about.  At one point we thought we might have two #1's.  Now we realize that we have no #1 but two #2's ... and their isn't a solution/option that is better.

That's my take at least.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Hopefully the rumors are true that Frost had an honest convo with him about changing positions because that would at least mean Frost feels decent about depth behind Adrian. We absolutely cannot go into the year hoping Adrian stays healthy all year.

Really curious where Luke ends up if true. I just don’t see his options being that great considering he didn’t have a ton of QB options out of HS and has done nothing to boost his reputation as a QB in his time here.

I would think that if Frost was honest with LM then he's probably gone. That's super frustrating because I think his ceiling is considerably higher as a WR then a QB. I could see him having a dynamic impact similar to Wandale had the last two years if he'd make the switch.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I would think that if Frost was honest with LM then he's probably gone. That's super frustrating because I think his ceiling is considerably higher as a WR then a QB. I could see him having a dynamic impact similar to Wandale had the last two years if he'd make the switch.

If he told Luke, "Hey, we gave you an honest-to-god shot at quarterback, but it's not working out and we could really use you contributing to this team at another position where we think you could really excel" and Luke bails, then that's not really on Frost and I'm not that mad. It will still deeply suck, but you have to be able to have honest convos with players about where they stand for better or worse.

• Plus1 5

And maybe it was "we'll try 2 years at QB, and if it's not working out you'll move" and he doesn't want to move. Curious what the specific rumors are, but we've known all along the odds of AM, Luke, and Logan all 3 staying here were slim to none. I'd hoped (and still have a sliver of hope) that instead of a transfer one could move positions, and Luke is really the only one with that flexibility. But no one gets to keep three 4 star QBs they signed in consecutive classes - even though Luke was a 4 star athlete and not QB. Would be very unfortunate and he could definitely help us on offense, but Luke transferring has been the most likely outcome since we signed another touted, more polished QB the very next class.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

If he told Luke, "Hey, we gave you an honest-to-god shot at quarterback, but it's not working out and we could really use you contributing to this team at another position where we think you could really excel" and Luke bails, then that's not really on Frost and I'm not that mad. It will still deeply suck, but you have to be able to have honest convos with players about where they stand for better or worse.

I totally agree, if we string him along at QB for 4 years, that's a scholarship that could have been used elsewhere. IF Luke is leaving this is totally on him and not the coaching staff. I'd be surprised if he is becomes a legit QB at even the G5 Conference level

1 hour ago, Goal-line said:

You don't lose players the caliber of Robinson and JD, period. 

I mean ... JD wasn't a starter at the beginning of the year at TCU and had a pretty forgettable year.  Injuries seem to have played a part.  But I don't think it's a stretch to say he's not the same player he was a couple years ago, for whatever reason.

• Plus1 1