Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

QB has to be a priority now in the transfer portal for the 1 (or possibly 2 spots if we miss on Dickerson) spots left. Austin Kendall and James Blackman are two names that stick out to me that are in the portal but not sure if immediate playing time is something they are seeking in a fit. 

JUCO may be the only option to try and provide depth. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Kade was a captain of the team and a veteran in the WR room.  Him leaving isn't something to just pretend is ok.  The other two were backups and were most likely not going to play this next year.

The only playing Kade would be doing this year is at the bench warming position.  There are much better WRs on the roster

• Plus1 7
40 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So far the portal seems like a cluster f#&% and net negative for CFB.

I definitely know where you are coming from.  I think the overall impact will be realized a few years from now.  So many of these kids currently in there will end up without a spot.  I hope future classes will exercise a little more caution before jumping in but time will tell.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, bugeater17 said:

QB has to be a priority now in the transfer portal for the 1 (or possibly 2 spots if we miss on Dickerson) spots left. Austin Kendall and James Blackman are two names that stick out to me that are in the portal but not sure if immediate playing time is something they are seeking in a fit. 

JUCO may be the only option to try and provide depth. 

This is my biggest concern with this news: if it forces the staff to pivot on who they wanted to target with the last two spots. I agree with everyone that I’m not overly worried about Luke transferring, but if it forces the staff’s hand then that’s a bit of a hit.

Hopefully the rumors are true that Frost had a heart to heart with Luke about switching positions because we feel good enough about depth behind Adrian and we can still target two defensive players.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Kade was a captain of the team and a veteran in the WR room.  Him leaving isn't something to just pretend is ok.  The other two were backups and were most likely not going to play this next year.

Warner being chosen a captain happened when many of the new players weren't even around yet and all the covid stuff happening 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

This is my biggest concern with this news: if it forces the staff to pivot on who they wanted to target with the last two spots. I agree with everyone that I’m not overly worried about Luke transferring, but if it forces the staff’s hand then that’s a bit of a hit.

Hopefully the rumors are true that Frost had a heart to heart with Luke about switching positions because we feel good enough about depth behind Adrian and we can still target two defensive players.

I'm sure the staff has known he probably was transferring for a long time so this isn't going to cause some huge change in their plans.

I personally don't see us getting a QB in the portal.  A QB in the portal wants to go somewhere where he's pretty much guaranteed to be the guy.  If they transfer now this would have to happen in the next week to get registered in school so they can be here for Spring ball.  If they can't be here for spring ball, they might as well not come.

2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Looks like Red Rogue's prediction thread about a mass exodus which was locked and in which he was flamed endlessly is becoming more factual every day.

Thanks' for the heads up Red Rogue.

I think some people gave @Red Rogue more crap than deserved.  But that thread took on the connotation of Frost losing the team and players leaving because of that.   It sucks to lose a player like Wandale.  It sucks to lose depth at QB.  It sucks to lose good locker room guys.

But none of the departures seem to suggest that a significant portion of the roster is ready to abandon ship because they no longer have faith in the staff.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sure the staff has known he probably was transferring for a long time so this isn't going to cause some huge change in their plans.

My source is saying that the staff knew for some time that he was considering it but didn't know for sure until recently.  My guy doesn't hear everything though so maybe they knew for weeks.  

• Plus1 1