Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

19 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So guys that left the program they committed to?  I think we’re going to see how devoid the portal  is of talent. 1600+ and counting, all disgruntled in some way. 

reminds me of a garage sale. The leftovers just go to the dump. 

I think we all get our feelings hurt when we get broken up with.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really didn't want to debate if Sage sucks, or the players that transferred suck - why I hesitated even posting that tweet. Just wanted to discuss a possible disconnect between Frost and some of the players. Seems like the defensive guys mesh well together and with the coaches, even to the point Jojo, Stille, Cam all wanted to come back. Where starters/contributors on offense are quick to bolt, or leave early. Sean Callahan saying the offense didn't want to play a bowl, defense wanted to. It has at least given me pause and considering the possibility. 

As soon as I saw sage i just thought of that clip and thought it would be funny to post. He doesnt know anything about what is going on he just wants some attention.   I do think its a valid point to examine but outside of Wandale these are backups transferring and you cant deny that this is pretty common everywhere you look in CFB right now.  Also dont forget that the defense has had a lot of players leave the program including 3 this year and some of those would have even started at some point.  We just wont complain about that because the defense is doing well now. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really didn't want to debate if Sage sucks, or the players that transferred suck - why I hesitated even posting that tweet. Just wanted to discuss a possible disconnect between Frost and some of the players. Seems like the defensive guys mesh well together and with the coaches, even to the point Jojo, Stille, Cam all wanted to come back. Where starters/contributors on offense are quick to bolt, or leave early. Sean Callahan saying the offense didn't want to play a bowl, defense wanted to. It has at least given me pause and considering the possibility. 

I mean ... the defensive guys coming back are pretty much all starters.  The offensive guys entering the portal (except Wan'Dale) are probably all guys that are not going to see the field.  That seems like a notable distinction.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In August, if I were to tell you that we would win 3 games, and that Wandale and Luke would transfer at the end of the season you would be concerned. In fact, you would probably be alarmed. 

The lengths some are going to pretend like this doesn't matter is ...well....it takes a fan I guess.

Also, if I were Will Farniok I would transfer. Spending 2 years backing up the shotgun snap version of wild thing in Major Leagues would piss me off.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, macroboy said:

In August, if I were to tell you that we would win 3 games, and that Wandale and Luke would transfer at the end of the season you would be concerned. In fact, you would probably be alarmed. 

The lengths some are going to pretend like this doesn't matter is ...well....it takes a fan I guess.

Also, if I were Will Farniok I would transfer. Spending 2 years backing up the shotgun snap version of wild thing in Major Leagues would piss me off.

Yes if you remove all context things do seem different. That's a good point 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

On one hand, it's three guys who were probably going to spend most of the rest of their careers as backups unless somebody got injured. It would've been nice to keep them, but I'm not going to lose sleep over them individually.

On the other hand, why is it almost always guys on the offense? Why is it that we're returning almost the entire defense, but we're still having a lot of turnover on offense? I don't think that it's a coincidence that the more stable defense has been able to make progress this year, while the offense that's seen a lot more turnover is stuck in the mud...

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, macroboy said:

You're right. Nothing to see here. Things are going well. We just need to contextualize it.

In the context of 4 years of night, of course the sun does not rise.  At this point, the multitude of problems are too vast and deep to even call out.  The program is stuck in neutral, and it is clear that a fix is not on the horizon (and the horizon is not visible).

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

On one hand, it's three guys who were probably going to spend most of the rest of their careers as backups unless somebody got injured. It would've been nice to keep them, but I'm not going to lose sleep over them individually.

On the other hand, why is it almost always guys on the offense? Why is it that we're returning almost the entire defense, but we're still having a lot of turnover on offense? I don't think that it's a coincidence that the more stable defense has been able to make progress this year, while the offense that's seen a lot more turnover is stuck in the mud...

If you take Frost at his word for what he has to say about it, it's not an offense-defense thing, it's just the way the cookie happens to be crumbling at the moment. That could be true or it could be coach speak or he could be in denial of some real problems.  I'm not real good at this off season speculation game. In fact IDGAF. All that matters to me is what they do on the field this coming season. I'm over the sunshine pumping or Debbie downerism. Show me the money.

• Plus1 1