Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I thought Washington and Mills looked like a very Nebraska-worthy rushing attack. Even if they were getting yards on flare passes, it felt like part of the running game and a genuinely dangerous Frost offense.

But when your quarterbacks become more effective runners than passers, the RBs don't get the touches -- and neither do the wide-receivers.

I still think Nebraska will be a better rushing team when the quarterback is a better passer. I miss having a featured running back. 

I so agree with you on this, excluding Martinez's freshman year.  It appeared he was going to be the rare QB who can do both well, and then of course his sophomore year happened.  

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The last back for me that seemed like a true feature back that was elite was Abdullah.

Ozigbo started 2018 as a fourth stringer, but felt like a featured back by the end of the year. That was predicated on Frost's decision to use him. 

Don't have to be elite, but 1,000 yard seasons aren't too much to ask. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ozigbo started 2018 as a fourth stringer, but felt like a featured back by the end of the year. That was predicated on Frost's decision to use him. 

Don't have to be elite, but 1,000 yard seasons aren't too much to ask. 

Had Bell stayed, I do not think Oz would have seen the light of day.  I am glad he did.  IIRC, 1st 1000 yard rusher in 3-4 years....

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do we expect that to be an upgrade? Or just competition?  I don't really get that move.

Maybe Wilson isn’t getting a lot of looks from other FBS teams and NU is offering him a chance to compete or be a backup to a QB who has had injury problems in the past. I’m not a fan of Wilson, but he would be able to come in and be a serviceable backup with experience. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Had Bell stayed, I do not think Oz would have seen the light of day.

Bell left because Ozigbo saw the light of day - he bolted as soon as Oz got the nod as a starter over him.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Maybe Wilson isn’t getting a lot of looks from other FBS teams and NU is offering him a chance to compete or be a backup to a QB who has had injury problems in the past. I’m not a fan of Wilson, but he would be able to come in and be a serviceable backup with experience. 

Still seems odd. QB seems like the last position that would transfer to be a backup. 

If we are going to bring in a QB transfer why not go after a guy who can compete to take the job

• Plus1 3

Bookie is in the portal! If you want a 5’7 DB that commits the collective sum of penalties as our entire offensive line every other game & can’t wrap up then he’s your man. Also very good at getting burned. And targeting. 

god Mike Riley had some horrible evals 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Bookie is in the portal! If you want a 5’7 DB that commits the collective sum of penalties as our entire offensive line every other game & can’t wrap up then he’s your man. Also very good at getting burned. And targeting. 

god Mike Riley had some horrible evals 

Oklahoma had worse then.  He actually played there

• Plus1 1