Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

1 minute ago, theknife said:

If he's willing to walk on, I like it.

Scholarship 

Would like us to kick the tires on Bryan Thompson from Utah (WR). Utes fans pretty disappointed on this one. 

Oregon G in the portal that played in 13 games this year. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Decked said:

Bookie is in the portal! If you want a 5’7 DB that commits the collective sum of penalties as our entire offensive line every other game & can’t wrap up then he’s your man. Also very good at getting burned. And targeting. 

god Mike Riley had some horrible evals 

He lit up pretty much every camp he was in at his size. You can't pretend he wasn't a straight baller in high school. He could play. Really well. 

• Plus1 4

9 hours ago, gorp512 said:

He lit up pretty much every camp he was in at his size. You can't pretend he wasn't a straight baller in high school. He could play. Really well. 

True. but he already did a lot of holding & was more physical than he should’ve been allowed. They just let it go by because it’s a camp. The signs were there. Plus once everyone got more physically developed & better at running routes a jam from a 5’7 180 DB who was physically maxed out by his senior year of high school no longer worked. 

• Plus1 3

I'd be fine with Bookie if Fisher thinks he can fix him. That is a big 'if' though.

I don't really see the point in Wilson - he's terrible throwing the ball, and he'd have to learn the offense. We've got people whining about how Martinez's 71% completion percentage shouldn't count because of his 7.0 YPS - well Wilson was 8.5% worse, and had a bafflingly low 5.9 YPA. I think at this point you roll with Smothers as the #2, and hope a walk on with 4 years in the system or a raw but talented early enrollee are enough if we get down to 3rd string. Don't think anyone who we'd be comfortable putting in a game wants to come here to be #3.

Definitely wouldn't hate a Guard, but also wouldn't mind seeing if someone out of Nouli/Hixson/Bando/maybe Lutovsky can take the spot. OL seems to be fairly weak in the portal. 

13 minutes ago, Decked said:

Wilson is purely a backup. Martinez gets hurt & has a lot of lows. We need someone who can get us out of a game. If Martinez gets hurt you got Smothers & a true freshman in HH. 

I'm probably delusional, but I'd probably trust a 4th year walk-on with a good grasp of the offense to just get us through more than a first year transfer without any knowledge of the offense. Assuming we're down both Martinez and Smothers.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm probably delusional, but I'd probably trust a 4th year walk-on with a good grasp of the offense to just get us through more than a first year transfer without any knowledge of the offense. Assuming we're down both Martinez and Smothers.

Good thing you aren’t a coach 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, I've been saying for awhile I'm in  Masker's camp.                          :)

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

Good thing you aren’t a coach 

Yeah fair enough. I guess I don't know why Wilson would be interested in the first place, he has starting experience and presumably wants to start somewhere. That's probably only happening here with an injury - which isn't that unlikely given Martinez's history. I won't be upset if he ends up here, just seems weird that it would work out that way.