Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I've seen him projected as a first rounder in a couple mock drafts. Analytics show he's a decent passer, average runner. Looks like his passer rating was 20 points higher than AM's best season, and this was his first season starting. 

Admittedly haven't really watched him play. Watched Oregon play USC and ISU - but really wasn't paying attention to him. Am I missing something here - it looks like on paper he would at least give AM a run for his money...

Lamar Jackson (ours, not the Heisman winner) made it into the first round of a mock draft at some point early his senior year. Early on and when dealing with non-eligible players, they just look for measurables and ok stats and chuck them in the first round without looking into it further. If the player does turn out to be worth it they can say they were on them first, if not everyone forgets because early mocks are terrible.

I think he's probably better than than it's being claimed, I dunno. Just wouldn't necessarily use a mock draft at this point when he's not draft eligible so it's got to be a 2022 mock. And to play devil's advocate, hard to say what AM's rating would be with a decent offense around him. I don't think Shough has any interest in transferring into a QB competition if he's already started for a good P5 team. I wonder what the deal is, I don't see anyone pushing him out the door so it's a weird loss.

EDIT: Didn't realize he was losing playing time in the bowl game, guess he didn't figure he'd keep the job with full spring and fall camps and already getting caught by the backup. Still don't think he'd want to come here.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Not saying we get him by any means.. But Nebraska has to reach out to him right? Seems like the exact QB they would be after. 

I would rather roll the dice on Logan if AM ends up losing his spot.  Milton is similar to McCaffrey in that he started a few games, lost his job, and is now transferring to try to find a place he can go start.  He doesn't look like a bad QB but he doesn't look like he is any kind of upgrade to the room imo.   

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

https://twitter.com/KellyHinesTW/status/1362803029381181440?s=20

Farniok to Tulsa.  That should really let the others know what kind of opportunities are out there...  

perhaps. I agree mostly but it’s still a case by case basis. Will is pretty small. And was never going to unseat Jurgens/limited opportunities to take game reps. I think this was actually a good move for him. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, Hilltop said:

I would rather roll the dice on Logan if AM ends up losing his spot.  Milton is similar to McCaffrey in that he started a few games, lost his job, and is now transferring to try to find a place he can go start.  He doesn't look like a bad QB but he doesn't look like he is any kind of upgrade to the room imo.   

has he had a QB guru for a coach though? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I've seen Milton play since well before HS, he's a dual threat QB the way Haskins & Cardale Jones were.  Kid has a cannon for an arm though.  

As an aside, I saw James Franklin on NFL network go out of his way to make the point Micah Parsons only opted out after the BIG cancelled the season.  I didn't think that sounded accurate & a 30 sec trip through the interwebs confirmed it.  Why people lie about irrelevant stuff...

7 hours ago, Decked said:

perhaps. I agree mostly but it’s still a case by case basis. Will is pretty small. And was never going to unseat Jurgens/limited opportunities to take game reps. I think this was actually a good move for him. 

meh, you'd think one would rather be a backup/spot rotation guy at a power 5 conference with no future compared to a starter at a crap school like the powerhouse known as university of tulsa.  Perhaps this is a sign he wouldnt have even sniffed back up snaps here given the young talent and potential on the line... good riddance!!!

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

meh, you'd think one would rather be a backup/spot rotation guy at a power 5 conference with no future compared to a starter at a crap school like the powerhouse known as university of tulsa.  Perhaps this is a sign he wouldnt have even sniffed back up snaps here given the young talent and potential on the line... good riddance!!!

Wow. Get some help. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
On 2/19/2021 at 11:11 AM, Hilltop said:

https://twitter.com/KellyHinesTW/status/1362803029381181440?s=20

Farniok to Tulsa.  That should really let the others know what kind of opportunities are out there...  

So far the only transfer from last season's roster to land at a P5 school is the WR going to Maryland and that is only due to his older brother playing at Maryland. Otherwise it's doubtful he would have landed at a P5 school too. 

I think we are now finding out why the Florida group were around to land late in that recruiting cycle. Not that they were not overrated, but they didn't have good profiles when you take into account everything - on the field and off of the field. Gotta recruit smarter and I think Frost did that with the 2021 recruiting class - more local, bigger, fits a scheme more reliant on down the field attack on offense, and defense filling in linebackers and size on the DL.