Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

sounds like he will be 2nd or 3rd string according to the louisville message boards 

Honest question.  Is the lack of him getting any interest indicative of us "missing" on a player. Not a good evaluation or thinking that we could take a "great" athlete and turn him into that diamond in the rough...

8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So he’s in Louisville, attending virtual classes paid for by us?  He can’t participate in their spring training can he? 

he still has to sit a year or that was waved? 

My guess is he is still an online student at NU until May. Unless he wasnt enrolled in online classes this semester or Louisville is on a quarters system maybe? I do not know for sure. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So he’s in Louisville, attending virtual classes paid for by us?  He can’t participate in their spring training can he? 

he still has to sit a year or that was waved? 

In his wording of his announcement, he has said he’s committed to Louisville. This makes me think he’s still living in Colorado, finishing up his online classes for the Spring semester at UNL. He is not taking part of Spring practice at Louisville, and will join their team this summer. Nobody knows right now if he will get his transfer year waived. The NCAA hasn’t declared on the immediate transfer rule, but Luke could say he transferred from NU after catching COVID, so he might get a waiver to be immediately eligible. There are a lot of unknowns right now. 

14 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He is the best QB left in the portal and he actually fits our system. Worth kicking the tires. 

He fits what our system was last year with tons of QB runs, I don't think he fits what the offense is supposed to be at all. He'd definitely help us take some deep shots but I don't think he's a fit as the point guard style distributor this offense needs. It would be nice to have a somewhat experienced guy come in, but I don't see it with Milton. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He fits what our system was last year with tons of QB runs, I don't think he fits what the offense is supposed to be at all. He'd definitely help us take some deep shots but I don't think he's a fit as the point guard style distributor this offense needs. It would be nice to have a somewhat experienced guy come in, but I don't see it with Milton. 

not disagreeing with any of what you said. I also havent seen us recruit a kid that fits the mold of what we all want. It is odd because Frost (everywhere but here) has been able to find viable distributors that could also run. Granted all we have to work with in terms of on the field at this point are Martinez and LM so our sample size is very small. Hopefully we hit on either Smothers or HH. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Which is Joe?  Which is Luke?

QBA - 63.2%, 6.1 ypa, 103.2 rating

QBB - 56.7%, 7.6 ypa, 124.6 rating

If you were going to hold a super soaker to my head I would go with A being Luke and B being Joe. I just think Joe has a vastly stronger arm and in an offense like ours I could see him being able to throw the shots down the field. I would also guess if you had Luke throw the ball 51 times in a game his completion percentage you have listed would drop massively and his INTs would increase drastically.