Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

19 hours ago, ReddyRed said:

But nothing new. Over the past 2 decades, they've been the better program.

I'll give you the last 10 years, sure. But over the last 20, the programs are almost identical: 

KSU: 20 year winning %: .571 10 year winning %: .612

Nebraska: 20 year winning %: .590 10 year winning %: .540

• Plus1 2

I watched Wandal's media chat from yesterday after their scrimmage. In short:

- offense could be good

- busy installing it

- viewed himself as a utility player

- references Nebraska as "another school" about 4 times in 6 minutes

- weights 180 pounds. WTF!!!!!!!

- Says he feels stronger without actually saying he has gotten stronger

- scouts wanted to see him run routs from the outside and inside. Hence the real reason he left - scouts don't see him as an NFL RB (no s#!t is everyones reaction) and wants to run pass routes only for the NFL. 

- uses the word "me" a lot

I have a feeling the departure from Nebraska was not a one sided conversation and not just between the head coach and player. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, uberism said:

I watched Wandal's media chat from yesterday after their scrimmage. In short:

- offense could be good

- busy installing it

- references Nebraska as "another school" about 4 times in 6 minutes

- weights 180 pounds. WTF!!!!!!!

- Says he feels stronger without actually saying he has gotten stronger

- scouts wanted to see him run routs from the outside and inside. Hence the real reason he left - scouts don't see him as an NFL RB (no s#!t is everyones reaction) and wants to run pass routes only for the NFL. 

- uses the word "me" a lot

I have a feeling the departure from Nebraska was not a one sided conversation and not just between the head coach and player. 

I mean this in a nice way..but who the heck cares..he’s gone. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, uberism said:

- scouts wanted to see him run routs from the outside

I harbor no ill will towards WR & couldn't care less that he transferred, but these quotes lack self awareness.  

A utility player who doesn't want to be utilized as a returner or out of the backfield...that's new to me.

A scout, let alone anyone who understands football shouldn't have to see tape of WR @ X or Z to know what that would look like & if there is a scout alive who actually expressed that, he should be grateful he's getting paid to do a job he's obviously poor at.

• Plus1 4

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

10 spots is probably too much.  But maybe not for them.  

The number will definitely go up in the coming years.

Junior college ranks have dried up for them without Snyder. Grab your in state players + some from Texas & load up with the portal. Pretty innovative...we’ll see how it goes. Hard to manage a roster that way me thinks but

On 4/11/2021 at 8:38 PM, floridacorn said:

I harbor no ill will towards WR & couldn't care less that he transferred, but these quotes lack self awareness.  

A utility player who doesn't want to be utilized as a returner or out of the backfield...that's new to me.

A scout, let alone anyone who understands football shouldn't have to see tape of WR @ X or Z to know what that would look like & if there is a scout alive who actually expressed that, he should be grateful he's getting paid to do a job he's obviously poor at.

I have a feeling that so called scout is actually his trainer and his father

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They’ve been following quite a few OLBs on Twitter.

Chance Main (Star on Netflix’s last chance U)

PSU DE/OLB

Alabama transfer Ben Davis who just committed to Texas

WR: The Arkansas—>OU transfer had some contact as well

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

We got an official visit from Williams - not sure if mutual interest still but he's a damn good WR. Ohio St is just loaded with talent at that position. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jameson-Williams-46040514/

Question for you ... so, if a we got an official visit from Williams ... to me, that would mean that he has interest in us.  So, are you saying that of :bigredn: you don't know if we have a mutual interest ... or is it him perhaps not interested in us.  Obviously, clarifying as their "scraps" would be starters for us ... so I'd be surprised to hear that we have no interest.  My guess is you are stating that you simply don't know ... which would make sense.  Just curious here.  OSU owns the St. Louis market so farther reaching this type of "get" would be beneficial to building a better recruiting bed in that market that we have been so unsuccessful in.