Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Question for you ... so, if a we got an official visit from Williams ... to me, that would mean that he has interest in us.  So, are you saying that of :bigredn: you don't know if we have a mutual interest ... or is it him perhaps not interested in us.  Obviously, clarifying as their "scraps" would be starters for us ... so I'd be surprised to hear that we have no interest.  My guess is you are stating that you simply don't know ... which would make sense.  Just curious here.  OSU owns the St. Louis market so farther reaching this type of "get" would be beneficial to building a better recruiting bed in that market that we have been so unsuccessful in.

He was interested out of HS (when his OV happened), but things can change over the course of 2 years. 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, Decked said:

They’ve been following quite a few OLBs on Twitter.

Chance Main (Star on Netflix’s last chance U)

PSU DE/OLB

Alabama transfer Ben Davis who just committed to Texas

WR: The Arkansas—>OU transfer had some contact as well

https://247sports.com/player/chez-mellusi-87773/ - RB Clemson

https://gosoutheast.com/sports/football/roster/bydarrius-knighten/9325 - All Conf DB at SE Missouri

A couple other guys the twitter sphere indicates we are in on. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

https://247sports.com/player/chez-mellusi-87773/ - RB Clemson

https://gosoutheast.com/sports/football/roster/bydarrius-knighten/9325 - All Conf DB at SE Missouri

A couple other guys the twitter sphere indicates we are in on. 

Wisconsin is after Mellusi too - can you imagine if we pulled both transfer RBs they were after this year? A couple weeks ago I wouldn't want another transfer RB since we have a lot of talented bodies, but I am not convinced any will stay healthy. So I'd be alright with it.

It would ruin an incredible potential Chez-Berger Wisconsin backfield though. It would be perfectly Wisconsin.

19 minutes ago, Decked said:

Sounds like there’s gonna be some guys asked to move along that will pop up in the transfer portal this week

Usually there are some more obvious upperclassmen.  But I'm not sure there's as many this year.  Chris Walker is the most obvious Jr/Sr that doesn't appear to be in the mix for playing time.  Bando and Hixson seem to be fighting to be on the two-deep but it wouldn't be shocking to see either want to try to see the field more somewhere else.  Mauga-Clements is really the only other Jr/Sr that probably isn't in the two-deep but as a JUCO guy he'd be on the move again pretty quickly.

Of the "Sophomores" guys, David Alston is basically never heard from and Tate Wildeman is pretty buried.

I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Nance or Houston leave, especially with all the WRs we've added in the last two years.  And Hickman seems to be stuck in no-man's land.  

But there are always a couple surprises.  Guys you think would still be working their way up but bail early.  

• Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Usually there are some more obvious upperclassmen.  But I'm not sure there's as many this year.  Chris Walker is the most obvious Jr/Sr that doesn't appear to be in the mix for playing time.  Bando and Hixson seem to be fighting to be on the two-deep but it wouldn't be shocking to see either want to try to see the field more somewhere else.  Mauga-Clements is really the only other Jr/Sr that probably isn't in the two-deep but as a JUCO guy he'd be on the move again pretty quickly.

Of the "Sophomores" guys, David Alston is basically never heard from and Tate Wildeman is pretty buried.

I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Nance or Houston leave, especially with all the WRs we've added in the last two years.  And Hickman seems to be stuck in no-man's land.  

But there are always a couple surprises.  Guys you think would still be working their way up but bail early.  

Did Jackson Hannah play at all in the spring game? Also the running back room is crowded with young guys but the competition seems to be wide open still so I hope they all stick around.  Rahmir is probably the only one that’s maybe been passed up that I could see leaving. Lynn or Fritzsche are still young but neither has an easy path to playing time as far as lineman.. 

10 hours ago, Farms said:

Did Jackson Hannah play at all in the spring game? Also the running back room is crowded with young guys but the competition seems to be wide open still so I hope they all stick around.  Rahmir is probably the only one that’s maybe been passed up that I could see leaving. Lynn or Fritzsche are still young but neither has an easy path to playing time as far as lineman.. 

He did, but I don't know how much that means. A lot of guys played in the spring but appear to be buried pretty deep on the depth chart. Among the other guys mentioned, Alston played quite a bit and was around the QB a decent amount - but again, spring game doesn't mean a ton. Fritzsche has at least been mentioned by Austin so I'd be a little surprised if he left. But who knows, there aren't many that would be really surprising.

11 hours ago, Farms said:

Yes, Hannah made the tackle on Scott's long run. I actually thought I had heard positive stuff about him this spring.

55 minutes ago, Toe said:

@Husker in WI He ain't got the build to be a 3-4 DE. 4-3 DE maybe, but not 3-4. He's a 245lb guy in a room full of 300 pounders. The next lightest scholarship D-lineman on the roster weighs 280.

Right, I agree. So either he put on a lot of weight which just hasn't made it to the roster listing (possible), they think he has the frame to put on a lot of weight and like his potential there (also possible), or it's athletic limitations necessitating a move. I hope it's one of the first 2, but given the relative depth at each position I think it's gotta be #3. Or quite possibly some reason I can't think of - but it's not great that we've heard more about OLBs and DL (Gunnerson, Butler, Black) in the class after him than we've heard about Graham. Still young so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if he does stick around, but would be among the least surprising departures.