Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

More than likely end up in the portal:

Demariyon Houston

Rahmir Johnson

Ronald Thompkins

David Alston

--------------------------------------------------

I think the following stay but wouldn't be surprised either. Tate Wildeman, Jackson Hannah, Chris Walker, Jordon Riley

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

More than likely end up in the portal:

Demariyon Houston

Rahmir Johnson

Ronald Thompkins

David Alston

--------------------------------------------------

I think the following stay but wouldn't be surprised either. Tate Wildeman, Jackson Hannah, Chris Walker, Jordon Riley

I've seen Thompkins mentioned a few different places as someone people think will end up in the portal.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Rumor has it he's our most complete back and has been healthy (knee wise).  He missed time last season bc of Covid and academic issues.

• Plus1 1

I'd really hate to see any of the RBs leave right now, given that this whole group seems to have a lot of injury issues, and we really have no idea at all who's gonna be the man this fall.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I've seen Thompkins mentioned a few different places as someone people think will end up in the portal.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Rumor has it he's our most complete back and has been healthy (knee wise).  He missed time last season bc of Covid and academic issues.

At the end of the day he has 5 rushing attempts in 2 years. I'm not sure he's better than Scott, Morrison, or Ervin...even Yant is gonna see some carries. He has never been healthy even in HS. I see him moving to a smaller D1 school closer to home. I hope he proves me wrong. 

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

At the end of the day he has 5 rushing attempts in 2 years. I'm not sure he's better than Scott, Morrison, or Ervin...even Yant is gonna see some carries. He has never been healthy even in HS. I see him moving to a smaller D1 school closer to home. I hope he proves me wrong. 

That's fair.  From what I've seen, his knees have not been an issue here (except when he first arrived and was still healing from that injury).  If the rumor is true that he's the most complete back (and he's healthy), I expect he'll be at the top of the depth chart come this season.  I'm not sure he'd find a better opportunity somewhere else. 

Just now, RedSavage said:

That's fair.  From what I've seen, his knees have not been an issue here (except when he first arrived and was still healing from that injury).  If the rumor is true that he's the most complete back (and he's healthy), I expect he'll be at the top of the depth chart come this season.  I'm not sure he'd find a better opportunity somewhere else. 

I don't remember.  Did he play in the spring game or was he kept out?

1 minute ago, macroboy said:

I thought he walked on bc/ of the injuries.

Thompkins is on scholarship.

yant walked-on due to grades scaring off a lot of good teams 

Wasn’t quite sure who you were talking about there 

16 minutes ago, macroboy said:

It was Thompkins. I thought one of the RB's from the previous class, that had bad knee problems walked on. Maybe he was put on scholly later? Or maybe I hallunicated the whole thing.

Bivens. He is no longer with the team for whatever reason. He did walk on for a bit 

• Plus1 1

In both college and the NFL, it seems like running backs have become largely interchangable. Many good players but no superstars, no long careers. The third guy in your platoon will average as many yards per carry or better than your starter. The un-drafted or barely recruited running back might end up the better baller. Guys have a couple great seasons, then quickly fade away. But almost nobody is getting the 25 to 30 carries a game like previous eras. It's hard to have opinions about the revolving door of running backs, so I'm going with the guys who really want to be here.

• Plus1 4