Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

Terrible? In his very first start against South Carolina, he was 17/21 for 265 yds. and 2 TDs. In the weeks that followed he played two top 10 teams (Bama/A&M), along with Auburn and Arkansas. In 5 games he went 80/140 for 941 yards. I'd hardly call that terrible, considering the competition he faced. He's 6'6"/245 and has a stronger arm than anyone we have, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Terrible? In his very first start against South Carolina, he was 17/21 for 265 yds. and 2 TDs. In the weeks that followed he played two top 10 teams (Bama/A&M), along with Auburn and Arkansas. In 5 games he went 80/140 for 941 yards. I'd hardly call that terrible, considering the competition he faced. He's 6'6"/245 and has a stronger arm than anyone we have, that's for sure. 

He was not good. South Carolina was a joke too. 

Bama, A&M, & Auburn he was garbage. A combined 46.73% completion %, with 3 touchdowns to 4 picks. Also only had 34 rushing yards the entire season. He does not fit the mold of the offense at all. 

They will not be taking a QB. 

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We are already well under the 85 limit.

Figures. Went to HOL and scrolled down to and it showed 86/85. After your post I went back and low and behold, they count seniors that returned. SMH. In that case, time to put about 3 guys onto scholly - Martin and Yant are two of them. 

• Plus1 1

Creame of the crop has risen and the bottom 2 are now gone. It's not hard to replace a guy that saw the field for 5 total snaps in two seasons. The good news is that Martin will no doubt be put on scholarship now. 

I'd bring in 3 WR's for the 2022 class and it seems like that is what the coaches have wanted to do prior to even spring ball anyways. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Jesus Christ Troy Walter’s blew a fatty! 

What a flop. That’s on Frost. Confident Lubick is gonna be an upgrade with a full year at the helm. Just wish we still had Wan’Dale. 

I think it has more to do with the change in body type of the WR unit than anything else. Nance and the kid from yesterday are skinny sprinters without a big blocking radius. The guys they have been recruiting the last two classes are big bodied WR's and the class they are currently recruiting are going to be big bodied kids too. 

The skinny sprinters worked in the Pac 12 and AAC, but in the Big Ten it ends up with your offense getting beat up by the defenses. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, uberism said:

I think it has more to do with the change in body type of the WR unit than anything else. Nance and the kid from yesterday are skinny sprinters without a big blocking radius. The guys they have been recruiting the last two classes are big bodied WR's and the class they are currently recruiting are going to be big bodied kids too. 

The skinny sprinters worked in the Pac 12 and AAC, but in the Big Ten it ends up with your offense getting beat up by the defenses. 

The change in body type is true but they were also severely underdeveloped in his tenure. Still potentially true under Lubick but I now feel more comfy 

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Jesus Christ Troy Walter’s blew a fatty! 

What a flop. That’s on Frost. Confident Lubick is gonna be an upgrade with a full year at the helm. Just wish we still had Wan’Dale. 

Riley/Williams/Walters combined to recruit two WR contributors in five years.  Neither completed their eligibility at Nebraska.

That's what this staff has had to work with in their first 2.5-3 years.  I do feel like that has changed.

• Plus1 3