Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see another RB join him in the portal soon.   Best of luck to Ronald.  

Lowkey hope Rhamir Johnson ends up doing the same thing tbh. Pretty apparent at this point that neither one of those dudes were going to be a factor in the backfield. 

The jury is still out on Sevvy, but we need quality depth at the position - something we have haven't had since 2018 with Ozigbo and Mo Washington.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

Lowkey hope Rhamir Johnson ends up doing the same thing tbh. Pretty apparent at this point that neither one of those dudes were going to be a factor in the backfield. 

The jury is still out on Sevvy, but we need quality depth at the position - something we have haven't had since 2018 with Ozigbo and Mo Washington.

Agree.  Granted we only have the spring game to go off of, but Yant and Ervin both look like they could be pretty good someday.   Stepp, when/if he gets healthy, likely will be a factor as well.   Scott and Morrison both look solid, but is there room for both going forward?  

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Agree.  Granted we only have the spring game to go off of, but Yant and Ervin both look like they could be pretty good someday.   Stepp, when/if he gets healthy, likely will be a factor as well.   Scott and Morrison both look solid, but is there room for both going forward?  

crazy how many times we were spoiled with great RB play. Definitely noticeable when you dont have it.  

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

I think their is a pretty good chance Rahmir also moves on.  I know it’s early but I wonder if they like Yant enough to get him on scholarship. 

Don't think any of us are shocked.  Kids want to play instead of wait.  He's got talent, but I didn't see him or Johnson cracking the 2 deep this year unless things go drastically sideways.  We have 2 power backs and 3 AP backs ahead of the transfers. (assuming Johnson follows suit.)  I think we'll be just fine.

Good luck to him & I hope it all works out for him.  I'll always pull for that kid to be successful, after what he's gone through to get here.

• Plus1 2

That is good news. Separation has happened. Ervin and Scott look capable and so does #0. The kid from USC is still a mystery but may be able to contribute. Morrison might end up being a contributor too. 

Tompkins was a gamble from the start and has never been consistently healthy. With some quality in front of him #22 in particular, he wasnt going to see the field. 

Johnson is too small and cant break even arm tackles- his speed is good but not enough wiggle and not great speed enough to compensate for his lack of size and physicality. He needs to transfer find a sunbelt team to get on the field with. 

Best of luck to them both and good for NU to open up roster spots for contributors. 

2 hours ago, Farms said:

I think their is a pretty good chance Rahmir also moves on.  I know it’s early but I wonder if they like Yant enough to get him on scholarship. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they can give Yant a scholarship this year with him being a walk-on