Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Transfer portal givith to N. I completely disagree with National writers that they had a bottom 5 worst offseason for transfers. Quantity does not equal quality. Would’ve been nice to have Robinson back though. 

Yeah I think Nebraska won in terms of offseason transfers. They received a better WR, and gained a highly thought of RB. They essentially replaced Wandale on multiple levels. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

Yeah I think Nebraska won in terms of offseason transfers. They received a better WR, and gained a highly thought of RB. They essentially replaced Wandale on multiple levels. 

I concur. I think Wan’Dale might’ve gotten moved down to #3 in targets. Which I think with his style would’ve freed him up a lot more. He would’ve been killer in those 1 on 1 match ups.   

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, Decked said:

I concur. I think Wan’Dale might’ve gotten moved down to #3 in targets. Which I think with his style would’ve freed him up a lot more. He would’ve been killer in those 1 on 1 match ups.   

I cannot agree more. He is an elite complimentary player. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Having two players on him at all time made it rough for him to be a threat at the LOS/behind it. It’s easy for him to make one guy miss. Two is a tall order. He was not the kinda guy you wanted to sling across the middle or deep bombs. And he had to do that. Schematically between that & playing RB (only to run right up the middle) I get why he left. I just don’t get why he went to UK. I don’t think they will be much better if at all than us on offense. They were terrible last year.

ultimately he was asked to do so many things this past year that we’re out of his capability due to horrible WR play that it was sad to watch. Dude got rocked too. Took some damn shots. 

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I went back and watched games again from last year...Wandale will be missed. Too bad he couldn't hang on to another year where he would have fit in better with the taller WRs and TEs. Less focus on him. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I went back and watched games again from last year...Wandale will be missed. Too bad he couldn't hang on to another year where he would have fit in better with the taller WRs and TEs. Less focus on him. 

True but since he is only looking to play one more year, I think we won the trade off of getting Toure. It is just a better fit and he's a much better WR. I would only miss him if he was committed to playing running back which I think is his best position. 

For me, I think more folks miss the bigger point, which is losing a guy that was a good player, a "face to the team" sort a guy, who just needed more added around him and better play from various positions.  Add Toure to a Wandale plus the other pieces is better than ... "he's really not that good ... he can't get open ... he's better at RB ... we don't need him [but good luck at Kentucky]".  Some of those things might have been true ... given the lack at other positions and players ... but you don't ever want to lose one of your best skill players.  You keep him and the talent and experience and bring in someone else to take away his reps at that spot.  

It's all old hash now ... but I would have wanted Wandale and any other talent that would either best him or add another dimension to relieve Wandale and make him a weapon.  When I think of Toure and a Fidone with a Wandale and whomever would have stepped up [perhaps a running game]... it would have got me excited.  Adding Toure was an addition after a pretty good subtraction ... minimizing Toure's impact [as I see it].  Some call that a "sky is falling" perspective.  I think it's just a better team with better experienced players.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

It sucks that he left, but I wont miss the fact that he seemed the only one that was thrown to 90% of the time.