Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would be really interesting if there were a web site that would track this as an on going thing.

This would be VERY useful to kids in a program and they think they want to enter the portal.  Well....OK, here's the stats on how many land at a P5 program, G5, D2....unsigned....etc.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a graph with a more detailed breakdown.  But I couldn't find it right off hand.

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yay Mitch, way to take what was said out of context and put your own inference on it. Great reporting! 

This is like Journalism 101 that Mitch is screwing up here. 

"Reporting" is sharing verbatim quotes or information that you can confirm to be true. If Frost had said "Luke McCaffrey already transferred twice," or he had asked a follow up question, "Were you talking about Luke McCaffrey?" and Frost said yes, Mitch would be 100 percent within his rights and job description to share what he did the way he did.

"Editorializing" is when you take information from a source and apply your own assumptions to it. So "Well, he didn't mention Luke McCaffrey by name but everyone knows he's talking about him, so I'm fine to report it as fact." Editorializing is acceptable in columns or editorials but not in reporting.

In the grand scheme of things this isn't that serious but not a single serious journalism person would cosign Mitch's actions here and he's an absolute clown for trying to defend them the way he is. I subscribe to The Athletic because they are the last place that covers baseball really well and I love the Cubs writers but I wish The Athletic would hire someone who can effectively report on our team .

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

This is like Journalism 101 that Mitch is screwing up here. 

"Reporting" is sharing verbatim quotes or information that you can confirm to be true. If Frost had said "Luke McCaffrey already transferred twice," or he had asked a follow up question, "Were you talking about Luke McCaffrey?" and Frost said yes, Mitch would be 100 percent within his rights and job description to share what he did the way he did.

"Editorializing" is when you take information from a source and apply your own assumptions to it. So "Well, he didn't mention Luke McCaffrey by name but everyone knows he's talking about him, so I'm fine to report it as fact." Editorializing is acceptable in columns or editorials but not in reporting.

In the grand scheme of things this isn't that serious but not a single serious journalism person would cosign Mitch's actions here and he's an absolute clown for trying to defend them the way he is. I subscribe to The Athletic because they are the last place that covers baseball really well and I love the Cubs writers but I wish The Athletic would hire someone who can effectively report on our team .

exactly where I am at with all of this. 

• 3 weeks later...

14 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Look at dem Ragin Cajuns. So much hype for them down here, being they’re the best team in Louisiana and all. 

might have to go to some games. Stadiums a dump, but they don’t know that. 1st game is at Texas. 

Levi Lewis is a really nice QB and Napier is a helluva coach.  

20 hours ago, Toe said:

Apparently we've got one Kyan Brumfield coming in from Texas Tech? He was a walk-on at TT, so I assume he will be here as well.

Graduated from Colgate in three years.  So that's not bad.

Defensive back who mainly played on special teams in his one year at TT.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Graduated from Colgate in three years.  So that's not bad.

Defensive back who mainly played on special teams in his one year at TT.

I would usually not get excited about a ST player, but we have been so horrific at ST’s under Frost, maybe they will actually start playing legit guys this season.....