Jump to content

Transfer Portal?


Aliens05

Recommended Posts

I am not aware of any injury or high mileage that would limit these targets.

 

The OU guys are legit and think maybe they are deeper on OU depth chart than they'd like.  Man those guys are proven good players.  How can you not like them?  Instant upgrades.  

The Illinois DE seems like a rental but guy had sacks and TFL's earning second team all BIG 10.  He knows our conference/division.  

OSU receiver is like a bulkier Wandale.  Versatile weapon.  Seems like he got lost in the talent at OSU.  Frost needs these types of weapons to make his offense work.  

Notre Dame DB is rangy and could play CB or S.  

The Colorado DE and Michigan LB were highly recruited last year and didn't seem to play much in this Covid season.  For whatever reason they are in the portal so why not look at these guys who were hot recruits just one year ago before this weird Covid season.  They have a lot of playing time ahead of them. Colorado DE seems like a high ceiling Randy Gregory type. 

Michigan LB never played the season for them.  Projects to be either inside or outside LB.  

 

Link to post

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kind of funny how things develop.  Two months ago people were sure that Chins was terrible and McCaffrey needed to be our starting QB.  Weird how things you think you know can turn out to be totally w

In a nutshell:    Butler & A Will are not surprised as they felt that Riley players were blamed to be a problem & pushed out. Also saying that when back to back years you lose your t

We found what the haters are going to latch onto guys!      Dude writes a heartfelt reasoning but a reporter uses a tag line to get readers and that’s what we latch onto!       Pathetic

Posted Images

Thx for the info on them! 
 

just my opinion, whether I agree or not (or anyone else for that matter)...it kinda seems like Frost likes to ride or die w his guys. He’s brought in a few “areas of needs guys” but hasn’t really reached for anyone it seems. So young on offense, he may play it out w what he has?? Who knows? (And also, would anyone of those guys come here anyway lolol)

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Depends. The last 3 Heisman winners were transfers. There are guys with proven D1 results, in the portal. Proven D1 guys >>>> JUCO guys.  

We aren't in the running for those players.  The Heisman type of players are looking for a championship level team now... Not a rebuild.   The players we can land are players that didn't win a starting spot where there were previously or they are at a G5 school looking to upgrade to power 5.  Those kids are a gamble similar to a juco imo.

 

And working on my anticipation skills.... No JB would not have been Heisman level QB here so just don't go there.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

We aren't in the running for those players.  The Heisman type of players are looking for a championship level team now... Not a rebuild.   The players we can land are players that didn't win a starting spot where there were previously or they are at a G5 school looking to upgrade to power 5.  Those kids are a gamble similar to a juco imo.

 

And working on my anticipation skills.... No JB would not have been Heisman level QB here so just don't go there.

Burrow, Fields, Baker, Hurts, Murray - all very talented but beat out, went on to be Heisman finalists. If your opinion is we won't get anyone good in the transfer portal, then fine. But there are talented players available that could contribute at a high level, and have proven to play D1 football at a high level - that are much more of a sure thing than any JUCO player. Rambo from Oklahoma happens to be one at WR that would fall into the talented and proven category. 

Link to post

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Burrow, Fields, Baker, Hurts, Murray - all very talented but beat out, went on to be Heisman finalists. If your opinion is we won't get anyone good in the transfer portal, then fine. But there are talented players available that could contribute at a high level, and have proven to play D1 football at a high level - that are much more of a sure thing than any JUCO player. Rambo from Oklahoma happens to be one at WR that would fall into the talented and proven category. 

Where did those players mentioned go play when they transferred?  It's also ironic that 3 of them you mention went where Rambo is leaving.

 

Rambo may be great... But there is a reason he is leaving a pass heavy offense with national championship potential.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

Besides Baker getting beat out by Mahomes lol...those guys left  programs that were championship lvl already and had already played and proved at a high lvl. 
OU coach became a “gun for hire”. Now he has his guy Rattler that he actually recruited and looks very very good...good for OU 

 

I can see why Frost sticks w Martinez cuz there ain’t no Hurts walkin thru when we are 4-8. 
so build it up that maybe, when need be, we can have that happen. 
 

the more this all plays out, the more I’m feeling good where we’re at 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

I think we need to get good fast with the portal.  It certainly can fill some weapons fast and shore up the team with depth also.  

 

I don't think we are looking at these QB's but the 2 guys from OU who Rattler beat out are going to SMU and TCU, I don't consider either a better destination than Nebraska but the programs and players find a match/fit and it can benefit both player and program.  Pledger is a legit RB and would be the #1 feature back if he came to Nebraska, being the number one back for a historic program playing BIG boy football and knowing we want to crank up this offense, that's attractive.  He probably would get the most touches in our offense.  That dude could be worth a win or two just by himself because his running threat would open up the offense.  

Link to post
8 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Where did those players mentioned go play when they transferred?  It's also ironic that 3 of them you mention went where Rambo is leaving.

 

Rambo may be great... But there is a reason he is leaving a pass heavy offense with national championship potential.  

Okay so your point is there isn't good players in the portal that would come to Nebraska? That's different than saying portal players = juco players. Immediate proven players are available, we should go after them, if they don't come here, they don't come here. 

 

Rambo would come in and have more yards and touchdowns than anyone on roster, that's an immidiate, proven upgrade. Give AM some help. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Guys in the portal I'd target:

 

Oklahoma RB Pledger

Oklahoma WR Rambo

Ohio St. WR Cooper

Illinois DE Carney (second team all BIG 10)

Notre Dame DB Rutherford

Colorado DE Harris

Michigan OLB Savage 

 

The 5 top guys could play right away IMO.  

 

Dear god I hope we go after the OU guys in Pledger and Rambo. Both are legit playmakers and would be immediate starters at positions of need. 

Link to post

I read a quote that Kiffin was saying he was only going to take more kids to fill out his high school class if they are a solid pickup. He was not going to take a kid just to fill the class because top level kids will be entering the portal and he would rather snag some of those players. So I think many around the country are embracing the portal and I think we should too. Not saying it should be our top priority. But as many top talents enter the portal we would be foolish to not adapt to the new way of college football. Adjust with the times or get left behind.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

 

Dear god I hope we go after the OU guys in Pledger and Rambo. Both are legit playmakers and would be immediate starters at positions of need. 

 

They would get to play there old team as well.  :-)

Link to post

Wouldn't we all like to have a WR like Rambo. The problem is guys like that going into the portal are looking for a situation that benefits them. They're not looking for what they can do for another team.

 

It's not a matter of Frost wanting to ride with his guys or the staff not being interested in these players. Why on God's green earth would a receiver like Rambo want to leave OU and Rattler to come to Nebraska? It seems silly to me to even ponder such a thing.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Wouldn't we all like to have a WR like Rambo. The problem is guys like that going into the portal are looking for a situation that benefits them. They're not looking for what they can do for another team.

 

It's not a matter of Frost wanting to ride with his guys or the staff not being interested in these players. Why on God's green earth would a receiver like Rambo want to leave OU and Rattler to come to Nebraska? It seems silly to me to even ponder such a thing.

Frost still has a history of dynamic offenses, and there is not as much competition for the targets. I believe OU signed 3 5 star receivers a couple years back. But with that being said, he may not have interest here - we're just dreaming big.

 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do we even know who we are targeting?

 

There's smoke around Pledger at least, but for the most part no we don't know. And the smoke is just that we've contacted him, not that he's seriously considering coming here. He did visit though, and similar to Rambo there's not a ton of competition and if you squint a little bit back to UCF and the back half of 2018 here this offense is appealing. Wondering if we'd also try and juggle Mills decision - I wouldn't hate having both, but if he comes back and the young backs take steps with their health I don't think we need Pledger. If Mills leaves, I'd really like to have an experienced back.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...