Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

1 hour ago, Decked said:

You will if we win about 2 games next year without him 

We'll win about 2 games without him......and you've spent almost 30 pages making the point of it being the downfall of Frost if it happens when you don't seem to think we'll be a good team with or without him.

The bigger point from your perspective seems to be the hope that Frost is toast 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheSker said:

We'll win about 2 games without him......and you've spent almost 30 pages making the point of it being the downfall of Frost if it happens when you don't seem to think we'll be a good team with or without him.

The bigger point from your perspective seems to be the hope that Frost is toast 

I hope Frost gets it together but I have lost a lot of hope. I will however never root for N to lose. 

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, uberism said:

There is a reason the staff is recruiting bigger body WR's the last class and the current class and not out there trying to find the next 5'8'' 175 pound WR. 

You realize it’s not a one or the other, right? You can have a smaller guy whose good in space who you run bubble screens and jet sweeps with AND a big body guy you involve with the vertical passing game.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Decked said:

I can only speak for myself but I would gladly eat crow and admit I was wrong and have Wan’Dale instead 

Here's the thing though, many have been using this thus far fictional occurrence to further demean the coaching staff and Frost in particular. It's not a matter of eating crow over maybe being wrong about this one thing.

How many that have chosen the Frost sucks path will change their tune if Wandale stays? I'm going to guess none will. They'll continue to disparage Frost and keep using every rumor that arises as ammo for their assault.  I just tire of people manipulating everything into a validation for something they've already decided in their mind. I'm just going to let next season, and the ones to follow, speak for themselves. 

No, I'm not happy with the results so far. But we've had a s#!t sandwich here for a long long time. I'm perplexed by the number of people who seemingly have learned nothing about what actions have got us to this point. Only 3 years in and already want to go another direction? It absolutely blows my mind. Look at the last 20 years of this program. If you think it should've been corrected by a 3rd and Covid impacted year......I honestly can't imagine how easy y'all thought it was going to be.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You realize it’s not a one or the other, right? You can have a smaller guy whose good in space who you run bubble screens and jet sweeps with AND a big body guy you involve with the vertical passing game.

Go look at the starting lineups at WR for the last 10 national championship teams. That will tell you the story. 

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think this is true for most fans in year 3.  Defense, I see improvements.  O, getting worse year after year....

I don't think anyone can speak for "most" fans.

And yes, I was absolutely hoping we'd be much better by now.....but I just want Frost to stick with what he's doing with the OL and S&C.

3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I know it's a d-bag comment, but i'll make it anyway.

I'm tired of hearing how good Wandale is.  He certainly has talent, but so do a lot of people.

There isn't one play that stick out to me when I think about it him.

• Rex has a pile of plays I think of
  • Ameer had a bunch
  • Westy had a handful
  • Even JD recently.  Him getting destroyed over the middle play after play (I don't recall the game)

I think him leaving is a loss, but I definitely don't think it's the end of the world.

There is some truth to this. He had some untimely drops as well. 

I think he gets extra credit by being a super positive and enthusiastic young man. And that does count for something. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Decked said:

I hope Frost gets it together but I have lost a lot of hope. I will however never root for N to lose. 

That's not the tone of any of the rest of your posts in this thread.  But hey, it's the internet....

The OL is primarily what is setting us back right now.  We have some young guys on the DL looking very good.  Probably NFL futures for them 

The OL takes longer.  And yes, Frost bears the responsibility for this but starting with his second recruiting class he is bringing in the body types and talent we need on the OL.

Guys like Corcoran, Piper and Benhart are the level we need 

But they are very inexperienced.  The DL doesn't need the experience or communication required by an OL.

So I'm way less concerned about a player like Wandale possibly leaving than I am focusing on the OL recruiting and development.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1