Jump to content

Transfer Portal?


Aliens05

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kind of funny how things develop.  Two months ago people were sure that Chins was terrible and McCaffrey needed to be our starting QB.  Weird how things you think you know can turn out to be totally w

In a nutshell:    Butler & A Will are not surprised as they felt that Riley players were blamed to be a problem & pushed out. Also saying that when back to back years you lose your t

I for one am shocked that you assumed things were worse than they were and then immediately shifted to trying to downplay them.

Posted Images

To everybody saying it was all COVID related, the ESPN article quotes Robinson himself by saying it was 50-50 his mother and his touches and how he got them. 

 

Turns out Frost giving him I-Back carries in the B1G was a really stupid. Wan'dale knows he's not going to the NFL based on his RB film. He also knows he's not going there with our current QBs. 

 

I wish him the best of luck, I don’t blame him for transferring. 

  • Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Turns out Frost giving him I-Back carries in the B1G was a really stupid. Wan'dale knows he's not going to the NFL based on his RB film. He also knows he's not going there with our current QBs.

While I believe his family is the majority of why he's leaving, I just don't understand why at least 2 or 3 actual running backs didn't emerge out of that room.  It's one of the more baffling things about the season.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

While I believe his family is the majority of why he's leaving, I just don't understand why at least 2 or 3 actual running backs didn't emerge out of that room.  It's one of the more baffling things about the season.

The regression on offense is astounding. 

 

We have QBs that collectively lead the least efficient passing attack in the country. Well documented WR issues and similar issues at RB.

 

Luckily our center learned how to snap the ball after two seasons.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

The first even slightly credible rumor was just a couple weeks ago though. People were always going to throw rumors out there because of his recruitment process and high profile within the program.

You know the whole talk with WanDale, daddy and trainer to stay happened after last season as well right????

 

The mom deal sucks obviously, but don't be an ostrich with your head buried in the sand and believe that this was an issue/concern(ie leaving) that arose in just the last couple of weeks.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The regression on offense is astounding. 

 

We have QBs that collectively lead the least efficient passing attack in the country. Well documented WR issues and similar issues at RB.

 

Luckily our center learned how to snap the ball after two seasons.

 

Our starting QB just completed 71.5 percent of his passes. We have issues throwing down the field and in the red zone but we are not "the least-efficient passing attack in the country". And if Wandale thinks he's going to run NFL routes at Kentucky, which just fired its OC because it's passing attack was so bad and was running the single-wing with Lynn Bowden last year, he's in for a big shock.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post

52 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

To everybody saying it was all COVID related, the ESPN article quotes Robinson himself by saying it was 50-50 his mother and his touches and how he got them. 

 

Turns out Frost giving him I-Back carries in the B1G was a really stupid. Wan'dale knows he's not going to the NFL based on his RB film. He also knows he's not going there with our current QBs. 

 

I wish him the best of luck, I don’t blame him for transferring. 

He was going to last long in B1G playing rb. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

People can and will spin it anyway they like.  I think WR would still be here if he didn't have family medical issues at home. 

 

The reality is it stinks for Nebraska but we should all wish him well.  He played his a$$ off for Nebraska and was a stand up guy his entire time here.  

And I think Wan’dale would still be here if he would of had more than 0 touchdowns going into our last game... Or if he thought that we were going to be contending for a conference championship next year.  But Covid may have pushed him over the edge or been the icing on the cake sure.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Dont lecture me about MS.  I have had 2 family members diagnosed with it and one of them being my 13 yr old niece.  I feel for him on that aspect but him leaving has been in the making since halfway through last year and it has NOTHING to due with covid.  

It doesn’t have to be or not be only 1 or 2 or 3 things.

 

What I think we know...

Mother has medical issues.

Covid has made being away from home a bit tougher for everyone and also impacts ability to travel more regularly.

Sounds like his father has always been opposed to him being at Nebraska.

Misusing him as a RB between the tackles and this offense not producing as advertised can’t be helping.

Winning helps everything and that’s been in short supply.

 

So, saying it has nothing to do with Covid is not really accurate. But there are and have been other issues too. Who knows which one pushed it over the edge? My money is on being away from family but any are viable reasons.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...