Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

49 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

well he wants to be "closer to home" so we will see how that actually stands up soon as well. 

He did say 50/50 use in offense and being home.

And with sipple saying today mills probaly isn't coming back, next year is going to hurt.

• Plus1 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kind of funny how things develop.  Two months ago people were sure that Chins was terrible and McCaffrey needed to be our starting QB.  Weird how things you think you know can turn out to be totally w

In a nutshell:    Butler & A Will are not surprised as they felt that Riley players were blamed to be a problem & pushed out. Also saying that when back to back years you lose your t

I for one am shocked that you assumed things were worse than they were and then immediately shifted to trying to downplay them.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am honestly stumped on how Wandale thinks he can be best utilized. He describes himself as a swiss army all purpose type of player and Frost went out of his way to get Wandale the ball in a multitude of ways. My hope is that removing Wandale could somehow cause us to spread it around in our attack. I know Frost is thought of as a offensive guru and I am hoping our OL can make him one again. 

He is friends with Rondale Moore and given their similar size and build, I think he sees himself with that type of receiving production. Which he didn't get the ball consistently enough from our QBs.

10 hours ago, uberism said:

1: Yes.

2; not following any recent Nebraska people

3: Never followed back after the staff followed him

4: Not seeing this anywhere for staff following him

5: See 4

6: See 4

7 See 4

8: See 4

8: don't think they will push here

9: He followed some Nebraska staff after Nebraska staff followed him

It was a list I made a few days ago for players I would take from the portal.

Twitter can be an indication but isn't the end all. I've seen many kids like and retweet stuff of other schools then commit here. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am honestly stumped on how Wandale thinks he can be best utilized. He describes himself as a swiss army all purpose type of player and Frost went out of his way to get Wandale the ball in a multitude of ways. My hope is that removing Wandale could somehow cause us to spread it around in our attack. I know Frost is thought of as a offensive guru and I am hoping our OL can make him one again. 

I said the same thing. He is 5'8 without top end speed. He def is a loss and a good player but I think kids feel if you aren't in the playoff you can't go high in the draft. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I said the same thing. He is 5'8 without top end speed. He def is a loss and a good player but I think kids feel if you aren't in the playoff you can't go high in the draft. 

The NFL will find you if you can play even if you are working at a Subway making lunch.

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

The NFL will find you if you can play even if you are working at a Subway making lunch.

No kidding!

Wasn't Heinicke working on online classes to finish his degree when he got called?  Probably played his way into a roster spot next year with a chance to compete for an NFL starting job.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is a good read from Sipple.  My apologies if this was already posted here in this thread.

"It was about 50-50 with my mom and how I was used at Nebraska," Robinson told ESPN. "I loved the touches and the way I got the touches. Sometimes they don't translate to the way I want them to for the NFL."

I hope for the love of God he told the very same thing to Frost and Lubick.  Kind of like knock knock.  Wake up.  Is anybody home????

• Plus1 1
Just now, suh_fan93 said:

I hope for the love of God he told the very same thing to Frost and Lubick.  Kind of lock knock knock.  Wake up.  Is anybody home????

I don't get the quote.  He love the number of touches AND how he got them.  What does he mean by "they don't translate to the way I want them to for the NFL."?  

If anything, I'd think it would be good for his NFL chances.  No blocking?  Ok, find a tiny crease and make gain.  Poor pass?  Ok, make a good catch?  Wouldn't being productive when a lot of things are stacked against you be a positive on a resume?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I don't get the quote.  He love the number of touches AND how he got them.  What does he mean by "they don't translate to the way I want them to for the NFL."?  

If anything, I'd think it would be good for his NFL chances.  No blocking?  Ok, find a tiny crease and make gain.  Poor pass?  Ok, make a good catch?  Wouldn't being productive when a lot of things are stacked against you be a positive on a resume?

The problem, as @BIG ERN pointed out, is that he's an undersized player without the breakaway speed. I agree that the quote doesn't make sense as he was the one player with touch quotas on offense. I am inclined to believe that it was a handicap for the team as coaches had to press to find ways to get him the ball XX times per game. Instead of rolling with Mills or hitting a pass to a tight end, they forced passes and runs to WR. Hopefully his departure will be mutually beneficial in the long run but obviously stings right now. 

• Plus1 1

Darren Sproles > Wan’dale Robinson 

that’s the player I think of who makes a nice NFL pitch as a RB/slot/hybrid offensive player Wan’dale is no Sproles.  

10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I hope for the love of God he told the very same thing to Frost and Lubick.  Kind of like knock knock.  Wake up.  Is anybody home????

I'm pretty sure Frost and Lubick are just as frustrated at the offense and lack of production from a variety of play makers.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He's probably too classy to just come out and say it...but his further development was going to be hamstrung by crappy coaching if he stayed at Nebraska. It's not just about touches, it is about development and direction.

If he thinks his ceiling is higher and good coaching can help him reach that ceiling, then he owed it to himself to find a different place to play. 

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm pretty sure Frost and Lubick are just as frustrated at the offense and lack of production from a variety of play makers.

Yeah I wasn't commenting on both coaches frustrations but moreso on what WR said in regards how he was/wasn't being used.

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

He did say 50/50 use in offense and being home.

And with sipple saying today mills probaly isn't coming back, next year is going to hurt.

Nah, they are active in bringing in a transfer.