Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

Just now, Husker in WI said:

He needs a waiver, but I think the general feeling is they're not going to be denying many. Especially in cases where they could argue moving closer to home was a factor, even if it wasn't the main reason given like Wan'Dale. 

You don't need a waiver anymore...get one free pass

3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Dont know if I would call a 60/40 pass to run ratio an air raid offense, especially when only playing 6 games. 

Hopefully with him being a little bit bigger back and what Mills done against Rutgers,  Frost will finally use some downhill running. 

It's Mike Leach's offense. It's definitely an air raid. Basically everyone around and inside of USC's program calls it an air raid. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Does he have to sit out a year?

Just now, BIG ERN said:

You don't need a waiver anymore...get one free pass

The "free pass" hasn't passed yet but the thinking is it will.  There will probably be a lot of waivers granted and he'd have a shot at saying the offensive system changed from when he was recruited.  

So it's not a sure deal but I think most would be shocked if he couldn't play this fall one way or the other.

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don't get the quote.  He love the number of touches AND how he got them.  What does he mean by "they don't translate to the way I want them to for the NFL."?  

If anything, I'd think it would be good for his NFL chances.  No blocking?  Ok, find a tiny crease and make gain.  Poor pass?  Ok, make a good catch?  Wouldn't being productive when a lot of things are stacked against you be a positive on a resume?

I see a lot of people aren’t sure what Wandale meant by this. I think it’s pretty straightforward. At his size, he won’t be running between the tackles in the NFL and a lot of his touches at Nebraska were doing exactly that. I guess it makes sense to me that he would’ve preferred to have different touches than he got....I sure would’ve preferred they were different. It’s pretty tough when so much of our offense was sputtering. Didn’t really open things up for what he would be best at.

I’ll take him at his word that it was 50% that and 50% mom/family. But I also don’t think he leaves if the offense was operating better and he was utilized to his strengths instead of being subjected to physical abuse by B1G defenses up the gut.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I see a lot of people aren’t sure what Wandale meant by this. I think it’s pretty straightforward. At his size, he won’t be running between the tackles in the NFL and a lot of his touches at Nebraska were doing exactly that. I guess it makes sense to me that he would’ve preferred to have different touches than he got....I sure would’ve preferred they were different. It’s pretty tough when so much of our offense was sputtering. Didn’t really open things up for what he would be best at.

I’ll take him at his word that it was 50% that and 50% mom/family. But I also don’t think he leaves if the offense was operating better and he was utilized to his strengths instead of being subjected to physical abuse by B1G defenses up the gut.

But in the same quote he says he liked the number of touches he was getting and how he got them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the difference between having a back like him and running Wandale at the goal line.

I wish him the best ... he now inherits the old guys Center who can't hike, OL that can't block and a QB who can't throw ... it would be nice to know that he will step in and do this.

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Crackin' yourself up with your posts?

Not at all ... those are all very painful truths ... but hey, the view is that "just like that" the run issue and those tough yards is fixed.  That's great.  No, I don't believe it ... but it's something for us to believe in for another year.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

But in the same quote he says he liked the number of touches he was getting and how he got them.

Im not going to commit too much thought to deciphering two comments that seem to contradict each other. Maybe one was talking about the touches he likes and the other the ones he didn’t  :dunno  I think it’s a pretty safe bet that nobody, including Wandale and Frost, liked utilizing him between the tackles as much as we did. And I’m sure they both would’ve preferred to get him the ball in space more. Tough to accomplish when so much of your offense isn’t functioning correctly.

• Plus1 1