Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

I am a little concerned the 3 most explosive athletes have left the program. They all have different reasons. But could you blame the staff for not doing a better evaluation? Probably. But at the same time they are trying to build the program so early on maybe they wanted to gamble on some kids. But I think this class 2021 has less high risk kids- other than if Dickerson comes- he is high chance of being portal kid 

Mo Wash was a character issue. We knew the risk up front 

wandale- reports frost was ready to move on after he chose Kentucky. So we knew he was wishy washy or being influenced by others 

mcCaffrey- we knew he wanted QB and no one else was going to give him a shot. None of us know what was promised but regardless he is gone. He did get a fair shake and it was time to move positions 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

OSU fans must be real upset after they only won 7 games this season. I bet Day is getting close to the hot seat if they have another season like that. 

Nebraska 3-5 and fielded a program historically bad offense, Ohio state has 1 loss in the Natty. 

I have no idea what your post is about 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The post was about context.

I get it. But add the 4 non con games Ohio state wins 4 more. Assuming we go 2-2. Maybe. So 5-7 at best. 4-8 at worst. I think a conference only schedule tells you where you sit. Those 8 games are the caliber of teams we should be built to beat. Getting a W to pad the win total against a FCS school doesn’t make me feel better 

• Plus1 1

A guy gets his shot to claim the starting job.  He fails the interview.  Time to move on.

Another guy is told he is losing his job to someone more talented.  Time to move on.

Another guy already lost his job.  Decided he was done hanging out.  Time to move on.

Husker fans- time to go to the doctor and get depression medication so they can cope and maybe some day see reality.

• Plus1 5
14 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I get it. But add the 4 non con games Ohio state wins 4 more. Assuming we go 2-2. Maybe. So 5-7 at best. 4-8 at worst. I think a conference only schedule tells you where you sit. Those 8 games are the caliber of teams we should be built to beat. Getting a W to pad the win total against a FCS school doesn’t make me feel better 

That isn't the point the poster was making about context.

But nevermind.

• Thanks 2

I wouldn’t worry too much about these transfers.  It’s how it’s going to be here on out.  Player not playing, but think they should be = transfer.  All three today will likely have their playing time go up next season.   Good for them.  All schools are going to be affected by the Transfer Portal and it’s enticement.  Especially when they pass the one time exemption rule for sitting out a season.  
We may as well embrace it.  It’s the new normal.  Look at the bright side.  It gives us something else to obsess about in the off-season.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

A guy gets his shot to claim the starting job.  He fails the interview.  Time to move on.

Another guy is told he is losing his job to someone more talented.  Time to move on.

Another guy already lost his job.  Decided he was done hanging out.  Time to move on.

Husker fans- time to go to the doctor and get depression medication so they can cope and maybe some day see reality.

THANK YOU !! 1 MILLION  +1

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

The biggest thing against Will Farniok was when Jurgens was not able to play due to injury, the coaches went to Matt Farniok to start at center, instead of going to Will. That guy was going to ride the pine for his entire time at NU. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Portal sucks. But better get used to it.  

side note...2 Mcaffrey’s have transferred from 2 blue blood programs. Both as QBs. No blame to family or talent, but it says something about 4* talent being able to bail.  
The one that didn’t bail shoulda won the Heisman and is a damn good NFL guy who played  for a not great Stanford team. 

Portal sucks, but who talks to these kids, tells them some “fresh start” will be just what the dr ordered? It’s hard to make it on one team, let alone starting over again. 
Luke gonna go to...Louisville and become a 2nd round QB draft stock? Dylan gonna go to USC and become national news or whatever?  I mean, there is no more commitment. You have to grow. 
when my dad went to Nebraska there were ZERO freshman playing and actually had a Freshman Team. Played D2 schools and stuff  just to play and practice and be a student. 
Now we have kids QUITTING the team after 1-3 yrs and...good luck. 

• Plus1 4