Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is there really anything indicating that we are seriously considering a transfer QB other than fans talking on a message board?

Obviously the coaches aren't actually going to come out and say what they are wanting to do.  But Sean Callahan is pretty convinced that's a definite possibility and he has some connections.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is there really anything indicating that we are seriously considering a transfer QB other than fans talking on a message board?

Nothing against you but I would do dirty things to make a dollar off every post with this exact message to it. I get people get tired of speculation but do we need this post *every* single time? Lol.

Many posters here also read 247 and RSS and Mav does a good job shutting down BS rumors. If one is prominent here, especially from someone like decked, then you can bet there’s some legit smoke.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Nothing against you but I would do dirty things to make a dollar off every post with this exact message to it. I get people get tired of speculation but do we need this post *every* single time? Lol.

Many posters here also read 247 and RSS and Mav does a good job shutting down BS rumors. If one is prominent here, especially from someone like decked, then you can bet there’s some legit smoke.

Speculation is perfectly fine and that's what this forum is for.  Your post specifically made it sound like you KNEW the coaches were looking.  I simply asked if that was true.  I wasn't attacking you or anything of the like.  I was simply asking if you knew of something specific.  I had only seen fans talking about it.  Mav's response was great and appropriate and greatly appreciated.

No need to get offended.

Kind of sounds like Frost really isn't looking right now to bring one on.  He might, but that would probably be after Spring camp.

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Frost said today they considered taking someone but decided to wait until after spring ball to get a better evaluation of what they already have.

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost said today they considered taking someone but decided to wait until after spring ball to get a better evaluation of what they already have.

I'm assuming this means if Smothers looks competent/good we're rolling with him as the backup and not bringing someone else in. If he fails the audition we add a transfer.

1 minute ago, J-MAGIC said:

I'm assuming this means if Smothers looks competent/good we're rolling with him as the backup and not bringing someone else in. If he fails the audition we add a transfer.

I would say that's a pretty reasonable way to interpret that.

And based on what Frost said about Smothers today, I'm not sure he's expecting to have to bring someone else in.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not sure if this belongs here. Pretty interesting exchange between 90s Huskers Abdul Muhammad and Kenny Cheatham.

What I love is guys who are homesick or want to go to a school close to home but also want to make it in the NFL (*cough Wandale cough*). Like dude, you ain't gonna have a choice in the NFL. If the Packers decide they want you, enjoy your new life in Green Bay, Wisconsin!

• Plus1 2