Jump to content

Transfer Portal?


Aliens05

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Who knows, I was more commenting on where Bo left the program. Better than Riley, but not in the best place. Hold me down and I'd say we're probably trending up and I'm cautiously optimistic that we're going to have a good jump in wins this year.

I am also optimistic that we are going to trend up (hard to trend lower than we have been). Bo was under duress the final 2-3 years as once Osborne left and Eichorst/Perlman got more involved, Bo's ownership of the program was constantly challenged. The staff mentioned it a handful of times in interviews the final couple years how recruiting was a challenge because of their contract situations and the AD's unwillingness to commit to the coaching staff. Despite this, he continued to win the nine games a year and was starting to gain a better foothold with the body types/style of play needed to compete in the Big Ten (examples: d-line recruits being bigger body, bigger RBs). Would have been interesting to see those 2015-2016 teams with junior & senior classes staying together under Bo & company.

 

Link to post

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kind of funny how things develop.  Two months ago people were sure that Chins was terrible and McCaffrey needed to be our starting QB.  Weird how things you think you know can turn out to be totally w

In a nutshell:    Butler & A Will are not surprised as they felt that Riley players were blamed to be a problem & pushed out. Also saying that when back to back years you lose your t

I for one am shocked that you assumed things were worse than they were and then immediately shifted to trying to downplay them.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Who knows, I was more commenting on where Bo left the program. Better than Riley, but not in the best place. Hold me down and I'd say we're probably trending up and I'm cautiously optimistic that we're going to have a good jump in wins this year.

Fingers crossed here too 

 

I think Riley was an ok in-game coach.  It’s the other areas of the game that passed him by, like strength and conditioning and recruiting. 
 

Bo was a good coach in a lot of aspects. We had a bunch of talent come through, but some might have residual from Callahan, who really could recruit his arse off. No one agrees with me so I’m wrong, but I think Callahan is very underrated. 
 

I have a few theories in the struggle of Frost, but none of them make total sense given his lineage, success as an assistant and as a head coach. 

Link to post
6 hours ago, krc1995 said:


 

Bo was a good coach in a lot of aspects. We had a bunch of talent come through, but some might have residual from Callahan, who really could recruit his arse off. No one agrees with me so I’m wrong, but I think Callahan is very underrated. 
 

 

I will agree with you. I think Callahan was the guy he just needed to ditch Cosgrove. I still get upset thinking about what could have been matching that O with a decent D.

Link to post

Meh, even with a decent DC, I'd say Callahan's ceiling was lower than Bo's. He was always gonna be an awkward fit at best, no matter who his assistants were. There's a reason why he's stayed away from college coaching, and hasn't exactly been a hot name in head coach searches (other than a brief interim HC stint with the Redskins).

  • Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post

16 hours ago, Toe said:

Meh, even with a decent DC, I'd say Callahan's ceiling was lower than Bo's. He was always gonna be an awkward fit at best, no matter who his assistants were. There's a reason why he's stayed away from college coaching, and hasn't exactly been a hot name in head coach searches (other than a brief interim HC stint with the Redskins).

If Billy C had any success here he would have jumped ship for the NFL again shortly after. We would have been in a similar situation as firing him.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

Be good to get some depth and experience if he comes.  Help to push the other guys in the 2 deep that might not feel "threatened" from the other guys.  Just my opinion, no reason to not think they are all working.  Stats look pretty good while there.  A few injuries, but that happens.

Link to post
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

If Billy C had any success here he would have jumped ship for the NFL again shortly after. We would have been in a similar situation as firing him.

I never thought Billy C’s offenses were all that special, I think a lot of people just remember when it was obvious he was going to be fired and he went full PlayStation mode at the end of the 2007 season.  But, with any success at NU, he was going to high tail it back to the NFL as soon as he could. That guy didn’t like Lincoln.

  • Plus1 3
Link to post

I remember a whole lot of Marlon Lucky running into his own blockers...

  • Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
Link to post

Not to jinx it but I was kind of expecting there to be another departure or two.  Not really sure who just that seems to be the trend.

 

No news is good news, I guess.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
On 5/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, ZRod said:

If Billy C had any success here he would have jumped ship for the NFL again shortly after. We would have been in a similar situation as firing him.

Except we’d have another championship. Even if he left. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Except we’d have another championship. Even if he left. 

There really any difference between 10 years and 21 years anymore? Both are far too long.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...