Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm pretty sure you can give a scholarship to someone at any point for the next semester as long as you have room in your 85.

There are some technicalities to try to prevent people from circumventing the scholarship limits.  And I'm not 100% sure how they all work.

But as far as I know the only real restriction is they can't get a scholarship right off the bat if they were "recruited" in high school.  How they go about enforcing that is beyond me.  But basically you can't recruit a kid and tell him "we can't promise you a scholarship right now but as soon as you get to campus you'll be on scholarship."  So anyone who is "recruited" as a walk-on has to wait some amount of time before they can be put on scholarship.  But I'm pretty sure it's only a semester - maybe a year at the most.  But Yant was already here last year so he'd definitely be eligible now.

That being said, I really doubt Yant will be on that list this year.  Unless he's seeing the field quite a bit, i.e., more that just a couple carries here and there.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, BIG ERN said:

At the end of the day he has 5 rushing attempts in 2 years. I'm not sure he's better than Scott, Morrison, or Ervin...even Yant is gonna see some carries. He has never been healthy even in HS. I see him moving to a smaller D1 school closer to home. I hope he proves me wrong. 

He didn't prove me wrong...

• Plus1 1

For me, RB is the biggest question mark on the team right now, considering the injury history of pretty much our whole squad. Decent number of guys with potential, but potential don't mean squat if they can't stay healthy. Guess the coaches aren't real comfortable with the current situation there, at least from a depth perspective.

Also, I wouldn't mind swiping a potential star RB from TCU, after they got Aaron Green from us...

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, KazLong said:

Maybe i'm crazy but don't post a kids phone number? Who knows though as the classist fans in the world I am sure no one will drunk dial him.

Which is worse, sharing a tweet that has a kid's phone number on a message board or putting your phone number in your public tweet?

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, desertshox said:

Which is worse, sharing a tweet that has a kid's phone number on a message board or putting your phone number in your public tweet?

Putting your phone number in the tweet. He’ll regret that one. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1