Aim frustration at Big Ten

Redux

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Translation (minus the adult tantrum part):  "right, cause playing any game against a decent opponent would expose us as being a very bad team that would be insult to injury and would further degrade the program in the eyes of the just about everyone."

Why continue to play games at all with that logic?

bro, its not like we were 5-3 and turned down an invite. we got a pity invite we didnt deserve simply because other teams bailed.  quit acting like this team is giving up on something sacred, any other year this wouldnt be a discussion and your half as hell baked take that because they dont play this game will doom next year is the epitome of a misguided adult tantrum.  Cry me a river and go watch some highlights of the glory years if u really need that husker football fix.

You have no idea what it was like for these kids to essentially be shelled up in a dorm room for 9 months- u think they fought like hell to play and now dont want this bowl game simply for kicks or because theyre scared? 

While I'm usually tolerant and open to different perspectives, your ongoing b!^@hfest represents the 1% of the fanbase that is simply wrong and creates a bigger narative that this fan base is entitled and delusional as hell.  

This isnt an actual game, its a pity invite that they didnt want.  IF anything, that shows more respect to me because they didnt earn the f'n right to play in a bowl game based off the on the field result.  I'd rather them own up to it and earn it next year as opposed to creating a sense of entitlement by getting a bowl invite they didnt earn or deserve

19 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

bro, its not like we were 5-3 and turned down an invite. we got a pity invite we didnt deserve simply because other teams bailed.  quit acting like this team is giving up on something sacred, any other year this wouldnt be a discussion and your half as hell baked take that because they dont play this game will doom next year is the epitome of a misguided adult tantrum.  Cry me a river and go watch some highlights of the glory years if u really need that husker football fix.

My guess is you;ve probably never actually played football in your life and one hit out there you'd be stuck on the ground demanding to be taken out. You have no idea what it was like for these kids to essentially be shelled up in a dorm room for 9 months- u think they fought like hell to play and now dont want this bowl game simply for kicks or because theyre scared? 

While I'm usually tolerant and open to different perspectives, your ongoing b!^@hfest represents the 1% of the fanbase that is simply wrong and creates a bigger narative that this fan base is entitled and delusional as hell.  

This isnt an actual game, its a pity invite that they didnt want.  IF anything, that shows more respect to me because they didnt earn the f'n right to play in a bowl game based off the on the field result.  I'd rather them own up to it and earn it next year as opposed to creating a sense of entitlement by getting a bowl invite they didnt earn or deserve

I disagree with almost all of this.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I disagree with almost all of this.  

well good for you.  I for one could care less about a team turning down an invite they wouldnt have received in a normal year. Woulda loved to watch another game but im not on the team- players voted- probably had rationale behind it and im at peace with their decision.

You disagree with that?

Bledred says it all in her name. 

bled instead of bleed, nuff said. 

she’s done with the program and is just a troll. 
her  ‘takes’ make sense for a sentence until you realize she just here to agitate and offer no insightful  or hopeful comments. 

leave her be, she means nothing of what we want or hope for, for DONU. 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Bledred said:

Must of missed my other post about taking the next two weeks off (includes both holidays) to be with family and resuming practices the week of January 4th and playing our 'bowl game' January 9th.  

download.gif

We don't get to pick when the bowl was (and it wasn't going to be in January), and we've been doing our best to not send kids back and forth to minimize the chance of a breakout. Once they're off campus they would need to quarantine again coming back, so both just wasn't an option.

14 hours ago, Bledred said:

I want the players to take the next two weeks off and be home with their families.  Your wrong.

I want us to play a game in early January with a week of practice starting the 4th and ending with a game on January 9th.  Did not the NCAA say we could schedule our very own 'bowl' game?  Your wrong again.

Wanting a team to play while 50+ other teams are also playing is not disguising anything as anything.  Your wrong yet again, again. 

So your post before, you're admitting it was ridiculous 

• 2 weeks later...