The Book of Boba Fett

Agree.

I'd be more interested in a weekly 1-hour show that incorporates all the characters in an over-arching storyline than watching 4-5 different shows.  There is a lot of possibilities now with the cast they've introduced this season of Mandolorian and the storylines they've set up.

But, if this makes it so there is new content throughout the year, I can deal with it!

On 12/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, Crusader Husker said:

The problem is Disney is just printing money at this point.

@Cdog923

Agree, the 8 episode season is fine.  I do think this thing could be a little too saturated.  

With these series, if taken in a vacuum, I think they're fine, but if they start to dovetail into one another (which I think Boba Fett, Mando and Ashoka eventually will), then you've got the issue of people having to keep up with 4-5 shows just to keep plotpoints in line. 

I don't think that anything taking place outside of the "RotJ" era will be a big issue; like the Bad Batch, Andor (who is asking for this one?) or Obi Wan shows. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

2 episodes in and I'm lukewarm thus far. Some good set pieces, but I'm not completely sold on what they're doing, or how they're accomplishing it. 

Agree.  I liked episode two with the story about the train and the Raiders.  But I'm not really sure what the point of the first 15 minutes was. 

Someone made a point on Twitter that one big problem with the Book of Boba Fett is the actor playing Boba is too old. I know it's the same actor who played Jango Fett in SW Episode 2, but Boba is supposed to be much younger than what he looks like in the actor portraying him.

I like how have they given the Tusken Raiders some additional back story about their tribe, but the whole thing has gone pretty slow the first 2 episodes. I know Mandalorian started off pretty slow, too. 

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like how have they given the Tusken Raiders some additional back story about their tribe, but the whole thing has gone pretty slow the first 2 episodes. I know Mandalorian started off pretty slow, too. 

I don't necessarily disagree but I think a lot of it is the difference between movies and TV shows.  The 6-10 hours they make out of TV shows contain a storyline that they could make into a 2.5 hour movie but they have more time to set the scene and tell some side stories.  But I think our expectations are for things to start happening like they do in the movies.

The Mandalorian had a fast first episode then didn't really accomplish anything (other than setting up the finale) for several episodes.  WandaVision went almost nowhere for three-ish episodes.  As I recall, Loki also started out at a fairly moderate pace.  

It's just a different style of storytelling.  

• Plus1 2
On 1/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Someone made a point on Twitter that one big problem with the Book of Boba Fett is the actor playing Boba is too old. I know it's the same actor who played Jango Fett in SW Episode 2, but Boba is supposed to be much younger than what he looks like in the actor portraying him.

Being inside the Sarlacc for a few days and living on a desert planet with 2 suns and no sunscreen has to age a man.

• Haha 2