The Book of Boba Fett

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Being inside the Sarlacc for a few days and living on a desert planet with 2 suns and no sunscreen has to age a man.

That's the other thing.  Why isn't he the most sunburned person ever?!?!  I'm sure the Jawas didn't leave Boba any sunscreen after they robbed him of his armor and helmet.  Then he's been sitting out in the desert all day while being prisoner of the Tuskens!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

That's the other thing.  Why isn't he the most sunburned person ever?!?! 

I mean...

Boba-Fett-Tusken-Raiders-Book.jpg

That looks like it can easily include an imagined terrible sunburn.

But, the really easy explanation is that the planet's atmosphere and the planet's sun are different compositionally.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I mean...

Boba-Fett-Tusken-Raiders-Book.jpg

That looks like it can easily include an imagined terrible sunburn.

But, the really easy explanation is that the planet's atmosphere and the planet's sun are different compositionally.

Thanks for that pic.  Maybe my TV doesn't do any justice to the skin damage Boba Fett has incurred over his lifetime, and is a big reason he sleeps in a Bacta tank.

I guess I don't get the criticism of it thus far.  People wanted to know what happened between him being swallowed and him popping up in the Mandalorian, if the show glossed over that completely fans would have flipped.  The pacing has gotten better each episode thus far, haven't watched Ep5 yet though.  I think a lot of folk were expecting "The Other Mandalorian" and this was never going to be that.

Ok, it's been a few days; we can talk about this now. 

Spoiler

- Holy s#!t, the CGI for Luke was 1000 times better. Disney hired the deepfake artist that redid Luke's scene from Mandalorian on Youtube, and his talent shows, as Luke's face was virtually seamless. 

- Luke's voice performance was not acted by Mark Hamill; what they did was take digital archives of Mark's voice from the OT, audiobooks and other sources, and digitally produced/acted out the script. 

IMO, this set up for Luke Skywalker as a character going forward is only tenable if they intend on Luke being used sparingly (i.e., the Nick Fury of Star Wars). I would also prefer that Mark be used as the voice actor with digital technology being used to de-age his voice, as opposed to the somewhat robotic way they produced his lines in Boba Fett. If they intend on going forward with Luke as a main character, with his own show (fingers crossed), it either needs to be animated, or they can just finally cast Sebastian Stan as Young Luke and go from there. 

39 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Well, now that's it's over I'll make the "hot take" that it wasn't that great.

I won't be sad if there isn't a season 2.  If there is, I'll of course watch it; but nothing I'm going to be looking forward to.

The best way I can think of to describe it is "a series of incredibly entertaining scenes and set pieces held together by the flimsiest tendons of narrative". 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

The best way I can think of to describe it is "a series of incredibly entertaining scenes and set pieces held together by the flimsiest tendons of narrative". 

Talking to a coworker today and decided that it could have been a really cool movie about Boba Fett's survival and coming into the Tusken culture with the biker gang/Pikes as the antagonists in the same time frame as the flashbacks in the first half of the season.  No need to even mess with taking over Jabba's thrown and dealing with the Pikes in "present" day.  That all seemed really cobbled together...

• Fire 1