Staff Changes

HANC

9 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

He may help them.

Just not positively. 

Little confused here though, held needs to step it up, but harry potter doesn't? They have the exact same problems in their position group.

Held at least helps recruit other positions. 

Production pecking order:

QB Coach > OC > Head Coach

RB Coach > Head Coach

I don't give a s#!t how the RB coach recruits.  His primary job is RB production on the field - on game days - and it has not been good for a few years.  At the easiest position in all of football.  Anybody can bring players to Nebraska... the question is, "how do I now get them on the field as quick as possible so they can produce right away".  Anything other than that is just foggy excuses and bulls#!t from the position coach.

21 minutes ago, admo said:

RB Coach > Head Coach

I don't give a s#!t how the RB coach recruits.  His primary job is RB production on the field - on game days - and it has not been good for a few years.  At the easiest position in all of football.  Anybody can bring players to Nebraska... the question is, "how do I now get them on the field as quick as possible so they can produce right away".  Anything other than that is just foggy excuses and bulls#!t from the position coach.

Can't disagree with this.  I'd also blame the OC/HC for the lack of making this position a priority.  Not just recruiting, but makig sure we have more than one guy ready to go.........And if Held is such a great recruiter (appears to be), keep him and move to ST coach.  Let Verduzco go, Frost takes over QB's and hire a dedicated RB coach.  

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Can't disagree with this.  I'd also blame the OC/HC for the lack of making this position a priority.  Not just recruiting, but makig sure we have more than one guy ready to go.........And if Held is such a great recruiter (appears to be), keep him and move to ST coach.  Let Verduzco go, Frost takes over QB's and hire a dedicated RB coach.  

Held isn't bad.  He is very likeable.  He just isn't producing.  And it's the 2nd most productive position on the offense, next to QB. He's got to get good production from all the talent he has in his room. And it shouldn't be a 4 man committee.  Which means he can't make a damn decision.  And if the top 2 aren't producing, he needs to re-evaluate and make changes. There is no way Wan'dale should be the next back in line next to Mills.  Because it pulls a threat away from the slot as a passing threat. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, admo said:

Held isn't bad.  He is very likeable.  He just isn't producing.  And it's the 2nd most productive position on the offense, next to QB. He's got to get good production from all the talent he has in his room. And it shouldn't be a 4 man committee.  Which means he can't make a damn decision.  And if the top 2 aren't producing, he needs to re-evaluate and make changes. There is no way Wan'dale should be the next back in line next to Mills.  Because it pulls a threat away from the slot as a passing threat. 

Yep.  Makes us even more one dimensional, non passing threat with him in as RB.  IIRC, it wasn't until the Rutgers game that Mills passed Wan'dale on total yards.  I know Mills was injured, but I think the remaining backs had less than 120 yards combined.....Wan'dale with 240......Great to get Wan'dale touches, but not at the expense of robbing Peter to pay Paul...

On 12/28/2020 at 3:34 PM, HANC said:

Still too early. You dont "legally" catch up in this area quickly. If you are noticing improvement,  then he is doing a good job. This will be a longer process than x-o... 

It was Rutgers. Shouldn’t we always be stronger then Rutgers? 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

It was Rutgers. Shouldn’t we always be stronger then Rutgers? 

Not sure of what you mean here.  I thought we were stronger than Rutgers. I was referring to catching up to the big boys is a process.

1 hour ago, admo said:

RB Coach > Head Coach

I agree with production on the field But would our running back room be more productive with Washington , Bell , Mills and Morrison all playing this year. The fact Washington got kicked off and Bell quit and mills and Morrison were hurt and got covid. I think next year if we don’t see improvement and a lot of it then he needs to be looked at. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not sure of what you mean here.  I thought we were stronger than Rutgers. I was referring to catching up to the big boys is a process.

Maybe I quoted the wrong post. I saw some guys getting pushed around by Rutgers, but honestly it’s been so long I don’t remember who but I noticed it  several times during the game 

2 hours ago, admo said:

RB Coach > Head Coach

Eh, I think it was Kirby Smart who said something to the effect of "give me an OC, a DC, an OL coach and six other guys who are great recruiters."  I think there's a lot of truth to that.

That being said, I think Held is getting treated too harshly.  He has recruited very well.  Just been pretty unlucky.  Washington was an incredible get.  Greg Bell is a very solid RB.  Could not have expected both of them to be that bad of head cases.  Then we just couldn't keep anyone healthy this year.

We are pulling some of the best RBs out of the state of Georgia - one of the most talent-rich states in the nation.  We pulled a RB who was basically next in line for an Oklahoma offer. 

The results on the field haven't been great so far but I think a lot of that has been out of his control.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Maybe I quoted the wrong post. I saw some guys getting pushed around by Rutgers, but honestly it’s been so long I don’t remember who but I noticed it  several times during the game 

You're going to lose leverage once in awhile but overall we're not getting pushed around nearly as often as three or four years ago, especially on the defensive side.  Rewatch the Iowa game for an example.  

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Everyone keeps talking trash about Rutgers.  They won 3 games in the east this year and played Ohio State essentially the same as Clemson did this year.  

That said, we did not get pushed around that game.  

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Hermann out. Fire the muppet Harry Potter and reach out to him as QB/Co-OC

Just saw that.  Looks like Sarkisian to Texas....Was listening and the Game Day crew said that rumors were it was Herman's way or the highway. That he didn't relate to the kids....Desmond Howard then mentioned a guy like Sark and Allen at Indiana relate to the kids....

We could also offer Wilson from OSU millions to come as OC:lol: