Staff Changes

HANC

24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I know there was one fake punt with 10 people on the field, that Frost also didn't see as he was getting ready for the next offensive series.  Illinois maybe? 4th and 14? The ones I've really noticed are related to special teams and it drives me crazy that Frost just isn't paying attention during the games to ST.  Get me a full time ST coordinator and I'll drink some kool-aid again by March.

But he has an analyst that was a former equipment manager. 

and this is sarcasm. Yes, he needs a ST coordinator. A real one. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I don’t want him gone, I want him to get better. I want him to drop his stubborn ways and put the success of the program before how he thinks he’s going to dictate it.

It’s a tough gig. The ultra successful coaches today cut their coaching teeth before football became really confusing. They grew with it. They knew football first then the heap of stuff that was added in the last 20.  They learned to walk before they ran. Analytics, rule changes, social media, replay, even university rules and regs really complicate things. 

but I don’t think he is worth 35 million. Not now. And not to knit pick  your post, but you’re already making excuses for 2021, year four. 

Not sure where you see me making excuses for 2021. That wasnt the intent.  I agree with your assessment and pretty much agree with your train of thought. As a coach, I put a little more on the players and the process than some do. All calls and schemes are good if the players execute. You are absolutely correct on it starts and stops with the HC. 35 mill to train a guy doesnt make sense. I wanted him,, still do, and was ok with 35 m initially. 

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not sure where you see me making excuses for 2021. That wasnt the intent.  I agree with your assessment and pretty much agree with your train of thought. As a coach, I put a little more on the players and the process than some do. All calls and schemes are good if the players execute. You are absolutely correct on it starts and stops with the HC. 35 mill to train a guy doesnt make sense. I wanted him,, still do, and was ok with 35 m initially. 

It was actually @funhusker I’m accusing of making excuses for next year 

and I didn’t care about the money initially either caught up in the hype and hope I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

I dont want him fired, but i also dont think he has the staff in place to succeed. 

I also firmly believe he has too much of an ego to succeed at this level. Hopefully the last few years have started to humble him.

He can have an ego, I’m sure all the good one’s do, but to make that much money to go with that ego you need sustained success. You need to have a product or a system that other people want to buy. To compare it to business. 

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It was actually @funhusker I’m accusing of making excuses for next year 

and I didn’t care about the money initially either caught up in the hype and hope I guess. 

Where in my post am I making excuses for 2021?  

My post is like 4 sentences long and one of them is if 2021 goes poorly, Frost is coaching for his job in 2022 :dunno

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

It’s not. Again, going back to my post that started this discussion. We hired a project and probably over paid for it.  And I haven’t seen a lot of progress on the simple things. Maybe ten years from now, his brilliance will come to fruition, but just judging by the year three results on the field, we would have been smart to keep Riley and save the money. 

I see almost zero progress on offense. Zip/zero, none.  He needs to change almost everything about his program. 

Oh my dear lord......

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Do we know if/when Frost will be talking with Moos about the season and potential changes for next year?  Given how poorly the last 3 years have gone, I would be expecting at least a few changes to assistants for the next year.

I don't think Moos has to send Frost a calendar invite on Outlook to discuss things.

And I doubt Moos shares your demands with Frost 

And I don’t generally buy into the Frost has suffered exponentially from the transfer portal, so I did a quick check and it appears to be true. He has suffered from the transfer portal. 25 in 2020. Wisconsin had 5 or 6. Ohio State had 4 or 5. Michigan 12. 

But it probably Riley’s fault. 

33 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't think Moos has to send Frost a calendar invite on Outlook to discuss things.

And I doubt Moos shares your demands with Frost 

What's with the snarky attitude?  I have not been checking the news lately and sometimes its reported when the AD meets with the head coach to discuss the season?  In fact, it seems these conversations happen within a few weeks of the season ending.

• Plus1 1

Special Teams were horrific at best BUT, everywhere Rutledge has been has excelled with his assistance.  Question is, did these other teams have a dedicated ST coach.....Did the HC take an active part in this 3rd phase....Did these teams have their starters on ST's.....Not walk-ons and non-2 deep guys (not saying this is our roster)

In another article not this one (Looked but couldn't find).  Rutledge did a 180 turn around in year 2 at every spot he was at....Maybe a lot of our issues are mental...Kicking to the B1G leading returner.  Just like our TO's, penalties and coaching mistakes.  

https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jonathan-rutledge/7648

See this is part of the discussion i have a very very very VERY hard time accepting.  It when people think we settled for coach frost, or we took on a project in him.  No Coach frost was the hottest coaching prospect that year, he won so many accolades for what he did in UCF in just a few short years.  Moos couldnt of done any better that year, look what we were up against.  Firing a coach AGAIN after just a few short years.  Im sure no matter what the list was short on distinguished people who would of even wanted to come here in the first place.  And moos got the best one the number one coaching prospect i believe, who happened to come from the great state of nebraska, who happened to be a former nc title team quarter back.  Who probably had the backing of most former players and one of the greatest coaches ever.  We instantly were put in the top 25 despite having a very bad record that year and the pundits had very high hopes for us.  But you say that it was a mistake that something wasnt right in doing that.  I dont know how many more ducks in a row or lighting strikes, or winning lotto tickets you can expect at one moment.  I understand feeling frustrated and upset now but i dont think anyone has a right to think that we didnt do anything but get the best coaching prospect at that time.  It just hasnt panned out like everyone thought it would.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Special Teams were horrific at best BUT, everywhere Rutledge has been has excelled with his assistance.  Question is, did these other teams have a dedicated ST coach.....Did the HC take an active part in this 3rd phase....Did these teams have their starters on ST's.....Not walk-ons and non-2 deep guys (not saying this is our roster)

In another article not this one (Looked but couldn't find).  Rutledge did a 180 turn around in year 2 at every spot he was at....Maybe a lot of our issues are mental...Kicking to the B1G leading returner.  Just like our TO's, penalties and coaching mistakes.  

https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jonathan-rutledge/7648

Still a ways to go regarding field position....obviously.....but after last season having a kicker all B1G is a step forward.