Staff Changes

HANC

9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I really haven’t heard of anyone wanting him fired. It’s ride or die for me. 

Doesn’t mean I’m not going to critique every misfire along the way. BUT at some point I will not care as much. I think it’s coming soon. 

I completely agree with you on this statement, and I agree with many other posts in here that nearly everyone was on board and agreed that Frost was the right selection for the Husker opening back in December, 2017. But, after 3 seasons of seeing Frost lead this program, the optimism that existed when he was announced has faded, and the reality of poor performing teams with his coaches and recruits has set in.  I have also reached a point where I simply do not care as much as I used to as there do not seem to be signs of hope that Frost is willing to change his ways or acknowledge that what he has tried to do for the past 3 years here has not worked.  Perhaps he will reassess his coaching approach this offseason and make substantive changes to turn the program around, and if he does that, there can be a renewed sense of optimism.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I completely agree with you on this statement, and I agree with many other posts in here that nearly everyone was on board and agreed that Frost was the right selection for the Husker opening back in December, 2017. But, after 3 seasons of seeing Frost lead this program, the optimism that existed when he was announced has faded, and the reality of poor performing teams with his coaches and recruits has set in.  I have also reached a point where I simply do not care as much as I used to as there do not seem to be signs of hope that Frost is willing to change his ways or acknowledge that what he has tried to do for the past 3 years here has not worked.  Perhaps he will reassess his coaching approach this offseason and make substantive changes to turn the program around, and if he does that, there can be a renewed sense of optimism.

Or perhaps, what he is doing is working and just not getting the results quite as quickly as we, or him, would like.  Watch 2017 replays and then watch some from this year.  Physically, we are a hell of a lot better team.  

I have heard a lot of fans say they are starting to care a little less or aren't as interested.  I get that but I think we all know, as soon as we see more positive signs on the field, we will be all in right away.  The fact that so many are still on here complaining tells me we all still care, we are just frustrated.    

• Plus1 5
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

meOr perhaps, what he is doing is working and just not getting the results quite as quickly as we, or him, would like.  Watch 2017 replays and then watch some from this year.  Physically, we are a hell of a lot better team.  

I have heard a lot of fans say they are starting to care a little less or aren't as interested.  I get that but I think we all know, as soon as we see more positive signs on the field, we will be all in right away.  The fact that so many are still on here complaining tells me we all still care, we are just frustrated.    

When I look at he 2017 and 2020 teams I do see a lot of similarities, and it's not just in the fact both teams had losing records.  Both of these teams also had the greatest point differential of any Husker teams in the prior 10 years.  Both saw significant dips in offensive output.  Both were in the 3rd year of a new HC.  I agree that some on our team look more physical which is a great sign.

As for fans complaining on Huskerboard or elsewhere, that will always happen so I am not surprised to see continued criticism of the team.  But it does feel like there are fewer posts in the football forum in general. I don't have any exact data to support this across the board, but doing a quick search on the number of posts in gameday threads for 2020 compared to the prior years shows a reduction in gameday comments/posts.  Most if not all games in prior years had over 1100 posts and there were several games this year under 1000 posts.  I would much rather have engaged yet frustrated fans rather than fans who have really tuned out due to apathy.  It felt like the program was getting to that point during Riley's final year, and the hiring of Frost brought some new optimism to the program.  But that optimism has waned for many so in my opinion this coming year is really a make or break year for Frost to show significant progress on the field with results/wins.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

As for fans complaining on Huskerboard or elsewhere, that will always happen so I am not surprised to see continued criticism of the team.  But it does feel like there are fewer posts in the football forum in general. I don't have any exact data to support this across the board, but doing a quick search on the number of posts in gameday threads for 2020 compared to the prior years shows a reduction in gameday comments/posts.  Most if not all games in prior years had over 1100 posts and there were several games this year under 1000 posts.   

I know for me at least, I am on HB a lot less on the weekends just because it doesn't work on my mobile near as good as it used to.  If I am not on wifi, I literally can't even open the pages because the ads trying to load lock everything up.  Rural cell service has to play a part.

I would agree, Frost needs to show progress in the win column next year.  I don't see him being fired next year but he will be at the top of many hot seat lists if we don't win 6+ games.     

Hey, all we need is one more recruiting class and we are there!  That's what I have been told by Scott.  So, I'm pretty excited.  It use to be we were "one mistake away" or "one play away".  Now, we were down to "one recruiting class away" ... and that just happened pretty much.

Do know "we are gonna get this fixed".  So, these losing seasons are now a thing of the past.  We can all expect at least a 9-3 season ... oh wait, next season has a tough schedule.  It will be the following season that you can expect that 9-3 season.  But hey, we are gonna be winning championships  ... this is all gonna be fixed.

Do I need to [insert sarcasm] here?  :-)

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Hey, all we need is one more recruiting class and we are there!  That's what I have been told by Scott.  So, I'm pretty excited.  It use to be we were "one mistake away" or "one play away".  Now, we were down to "one recruiting class away" ... and that just happened pretty much.

Do know "we are gonna get this fixed".  So, these losing seasons are now a thing of the past.  We can all expect at least a 9-3 season ... oh wait, next season has a tough schedule.  It will be the following season that you can expect that 9-3 season.  But hey, we are gonna be winning championships  ... this is all gonna be fixed.

Do I need to [insert sarcasm] here?  :-)

It seems every year is a tough schedule. It is all perspective how tough of a schedule it is. 60's-70's-80's-90's Huskers these are not tough schedules. Most teams in the SEC these are not tough schedules. Ohio State these are not tough schedules. 

Every year is a tough schedule because we are a s#!t team. We are in the Big Ten- the schedule is going to be solid P5 teams every year. We need to get ourselves sorted out and where we need to be and want to be so we can stop blaming the schedule for why we are not winning games.

3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Most if not all games in prior years had over 1100 posts and there were several games this year under 1000 posts.  I would much rather have engaged yet frustrated fans rather than fans who have really tuned out due to apathy.

Or maybe something happened with board that caused the shift?... Like 10 posts per page, ads, new ownership. Wait a second....

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It seems every year is a tough schedule. It is all perspective how tough of a schedule it is. 60's-70's-80's-90's Huskers these are not tough schedules. Most teams in the SEC these are not tough schedules. Ohio State these are not tough schedules. 

Every year is a tough schedule because we are a s#!t team. We are in the Big Ten- the schedule is going to be solid P5 teams every year. We need to get ourselves sorted out and where we need to be and want to be so we can stop blaming the schedule for why we are not winning games.

Exactly!  Ya, I remember mocking the B1G for how great they thought they were.  We in the Big 8 and Big 12 thought the B1G sucked.  I always hated the "Rose Bowl" as they would have some crap team from the B1G representing, but only a "pretender".

Today, there are 10 teams in the B1G that are better than us.  No wonder the schedule looks so "hard".  But Scott just "fixed" all that.  

I'm past being "frustrated".  Dealing with the "coach speak" is just like going to an AA meeting and "hearing one side of the guys brain selling him BS and the other side of it buying it."  He says "he really wants to be sober" but consistently takes the drink believing it won't burn him this time.  It's just insanity.

I'm totally cool with the mindset of Otter in Animal House, when he says to Flounder, "You F'd up ... you trusted us."  We all make mistakes ... or buy in to a bit of our own BS.  What I can't stomach is the same insanity that has said we are "a mistake away", "a play away", "a recruiting class" away.  No, that is driving me crazy.  I want to hear the coach in Remember The Titans, who turns to Coach Boone and says, "Coach, Ed Henry is kicking my @ss!"  He then gets some help from Coach Boone.

Scott is floundering.  Time to listen to the little girl in Remember The Titans, "Now ain't the time to be proud."  It's just to far into the gig to have hiking issues, ball security issues, blocking issues ... basically, we are an undisciplined and have a lack a focus.  This is usually the first thing instilled from a good coach.  What scheme or 5 star recruit will ever amount to anything without discipline and focus?

But again, we got that one missing recruiting class ... so its all fixed now.

I'm finding myself in this scene from Animal House.  Scott [as much as I hate to admit it] represents more of the attitude of the President of the Delta Fraternity with a bit of Otter [plaid suit] kinda mocking what is really required/expected.

Scott is not gonna be fired in the next three years.  Hope he is grateful.  But if he doesn't fix and deliver, not only will Nebraska continue spiraling toward insanity but he will have instilled a type of "abuse" where he claimed so much but delivered so little.

I lost a 26 year marriage doing what he is doing.  It would be far better to acknowledge he doesn't have the answers and then get some help.  Scott needs help.  He doesn't need to be enabled.

25 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly!  Ya, I remember mocking the B1G for how great they thought they were.  We in the Big 8 and Big 12 thought the B1G sucked.  I always hated the "Rose Bowl" as they would have some crap team from the B1G representing, but only a "pretender".

Today, there are 10 teams in the B1G that are better than us.  No wonder the schedule looks so "hard".  But Scott just "fixed" all that.  

I'm past being "frustrated".  Dealing with the "coach speak" is just like going to an AA meeting and "hearing one side of the guys brain selling him BS and the other side of it buying it."  He says "he really wants to be sober" but consistently takes the drink believing it won't burn him this time.  It's just insanity.

I'm totally cool with the mindset of Otter in Animal House, when he says to Flounder, "You F'd up ... you trusted us."  We all make mistakes ... or buy in to a bit of our own BS.  What I can't stomach is the same insanity that has said we are "a mistake away", "a play away", "a recruiting class" away.  No, that is driving me crazy.  I want to hear the coach in Remember The Titans, who turns to Coach Boone and says, "Coach, Ed Henry is kicking my @ss!"  He then gets some help from Coach Boone.

Scott is floundering.  Time to listen to the little girl in Remember The Titans, "Now ain't the time to be proud."  It's just to far into the gig to have hiking issues, ball security issues, blocking issues ... basically, we are an undisciplined and have a lack a focus.  This is usually the first thing instilled from a good coach.  What scheme or 5 star recruit will ever amount to anything without discipline and focus?

But again, we got that one missing recruiting class ... so its all fixed now.

I'm finding myself in this scene from Animal House.  Scott [as much as I hate to admit it] represents more of the attitude of the President of the Delta Fraternity with a bit of Otter [plaid suit] kinda mocking what is really required/expected.

Scott is not gonna be fired in the next three years.  Hope he is grateful.  But if he doesn't fix and deliver, not only will Nebraska continue spiraling toward insanity but he will have instilled a type of "abuse" where he claimed so much but delivered so little.

I lost a 26 year marriage doing what he is doing.  It would be far better to acknowledge he doesn't have the answers and then get some help.  Scott needs help.  He doesn't need to be enabled.

Ah, Remember the Titans - my all time fav movie of any genre - so many good lessons and great music as well.

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Spending all your time with 18-22 year old guys??  

You probably put a load of shame on 25% of the Husker faithful in here.   I'm attracted to Eve, not Steve.  But, you did make me smile.  The previous wife would probably place that one on me as well.   :-)  Grateful that God took care of the root and made me new and then I grew up a bit more.

Here is hoping for Scott to grow ... while he spends more time with those young men.

• Plus1 1