Staff Changes

HANC

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'll add I did not check to see if the teams listed below also had a coach who was assigned ST duties so Rutledge could do his thing and the ST coach could do his thing on game day....If I understand the analysts position, they can't interact with the team on game day.  So I am unsure which coach would implement the game day plan.

Larry Porter was Auburn's special teams coordinator while he was at Auburn.  I think that makes a huge difference. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lo country said:

Rutledge has a great record in year 2 where ever he has been as an analyst.......I think he is a sacrificial cow....I was hoping for someone else...But that's just me. Maybe some changes/moves coming up. 

Yes and no. I think he did some good things, but when your scheme allows for punters to frolic for first downs multiple times during the year, there might be some blame there as well.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Yes and no. I think he did some good things, but when your scheme allows for punters to frolic for first downs multiple times during the year, there might be some blame there as well.

Or kicking to the league leading returner.  I think that he is not blameless, but do believe he is low hanging fruit. He is the easy and "obvious" choice. But who was on the field and on the sidelines that was actually interacting with the players? From my understading, the analyst isn't allowed to talk with the kids and isn't allowed to wear a headset during games to even talk with the coaches.  Has to be done in person. The mental lapses are sadly the identity of this team and not just on special teams.  ST was just a glaring microcosm of this that was so easy to see ie 2 fake punts, the return TD's......Getting rid of him might be the start, but not the only one or only thing that needs to be changed IMHO.  I hope (but don't believe) that this will be the start of some real positive changes that moves us from the Scott Frost error to the Scott Frost era.....

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

So does Frost take the Pelini approach and focus on the special teams himself? Considering that was the last time we saw really improved special teams.

I hear Pelini's looking for a new job, let's bring him in! :snacks:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, uberism said:

Per Purdue's Rival site, looks like William Inge, Fresno State DC, might be there new DC. They were 85th in total D this past season. Purdue had a higher ranked D with the D guy that they fired when the season was done. Seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade. 

Numbers and rankings cannot totally convey what is like having Diaco as a coach. It's gotta be an upgrade. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, uberism said:

Per Purdue's Rival site, looks like William Inge, Fresno State DC, might be there new DC. They were 85th in total D this past season. Purdue had a higher ranked D with the D guy that they fired when the season was done. Seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade. 

Inge can see the strain.....