Staff Changes

HANC

36 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If analysts can't have contact with players, not sure how they could be on the field.

From what I understand is that he will not be an on the field coach but can be in meetings, helping develop scheme among other responsibilities which widely vary but are all offense centric.

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

From what I understand is that he will not be an on the field coach but can be in meetings, helping develop scheme among other responsibilities which widely vary but are all offense centric.

I see. All I know for sure is that it is overly complicated what things different people can and can't do in a football program.

• Fire 1

"So does involving Peter and Foreman, two of the best defenders in program history. They retain a colossal amount of pride in the program, and obviously want Frost to succeed in leading it back into prominence. " Sipple

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/steven-m-sipple-seeking-an-offseason-boost-frost-brings-in-peter-foreman-as-volunteers/article_003e924f-207d-571b-b9cb-d5c219da1ded.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Lincoln_Journal_Star&fbclid=IwAR1iHN-LPgjUJVDUFe1Tix22T7DqQmyczqRw0I1nXOS0266RdxMKqBaO5Os

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

"So does involving Peter and Foreman, two of the best defenders in program history. They retain a colossal amount of pride in the program, and obviously want Frost to succeed in leading it back into prominence. " Sipple

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/steven-m-sipple-seeking-an-offseason-boost-frost-brings-in-peter-foreman-as-volunteers/article_003e924f-207d-571b-b9cb-d5c219da1ded.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Lincoln_Journal_Star&fbclid=IwAR1iHN-LPgjUJVDUFe1Tix22T7DqQmyczqRw0I1nXOS0266RdxMKqBaO5Os

The amount of eye rolls in that room is going to be close to some sort of record. 

• Plus1 4
14 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Isn't this what Ed Reed does at Miami?  He is on staff in the position of "Chief of Staff"....

from my perspective, we can cut the “what is Frost doing to make us better, and culture..” chatter. At this point, he’s getting hands on deck and trying his a$$ off to help these players move FORWARD with a new edge. 

that’s not to say we’ll win 10 games or have a bunch of Peter’s walking around, but I am saying, he’s making moves that I applaud. Callahans move was to remove posters, pics, and offices around to suit his needs and make his own culture, not Nebraska. Bo tried as hard as he could to “be Nebraska” but ultimately turned into  “us against the world”. Riley or whatever just had no clue. 

frost is really trying to get that last hurdle jumped and I’m glad he is. I read a take a little bit up about eyerolls in the weight room. Yeah, well, I don’t think Peter is just yelling at dudes for one more rep. I think he’s having conversations about the pride and goals and expectations of this State and it’s Program, how to work and have a mindset that will make you a legend here. Having those 2 guys around is a positive. 

edit: people clamoring for Frost to be more CEO...this is what he’s doing. He’s letting others, in a VOLUNTARY position, help the program. 

• Plus1 7

Foreman said they don't have defined roles.  They are just there to work with the kids and offer whatever help they can because they believe in Frost and want to help the program.

It's a part-time gig - a couple days a week for a few hours per day.  They're not there for Xs and Os or to tell the kids how good they were back in the day.  Just to get to know the kids and do what they can to help the current players be the best they can be.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Wonder if Peter and Foreman gone be fly on the wall as well?  I'm sure they are going to be brutally honest with Frost with what they see and hear.  Report who's working their a$$ off, who's improving, who could use some help, and those that just don't get it or are tuned out.  I'd bet there will be some sort of scale behind staff closed doors that won't be taken lightly.

Or maybe I'm wrong..

8 hours ago, admo said:

Report who's working their a$$ off, who's improving, who could use some help, and those that just don't get it or are tuned out. 

I should hope that the current training staff is already reporting that to Frost.

• Plus1 1