Staff Changes

HANC

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

hmmmm who was able to bring in all those RBs during the Bo years? 

Not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember Ron Brown going out on the road and doing a lot of recruiting under Bo.  I think Brown was brought in if they thought that a player was deeply religious/Christian, but that's about it.  I would probably give Tim Beck more credit to recruiting Burkhead, given Beck's Texas ties.  Ameer is Muslim, and I do remember that he had talks with Brown about religious faith, in general.

27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ameer is Muslim, and I do remember that he had talks with Brown about religious faith, in general.

I'm being lazy and not digging up the actual conversation, but Abdullah was vocal in his praise of Ron Brown. As zealous as Brown is, a devout Muslim like Abdullah had no problem with him, and apparently much love for him.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm being lazy and not digging up the actual conversation, but Abdullah was vocal in his praise of Ron Brown. As zealous as Brown is, a devout Muslim like Abdullah had no problem with him, and apparently much love for him.

Wasn’t there also a story about Brown, AA, and a tornado during a recruiting trip?  

Found it.  And yea, I’d take him back as a position coach today...

https://omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/how-ameer-abdullah-and-ron-brown-developed-a-relationship-and-cut-across-the-boundary-of/article_fca850b8-a0f9-5fc2-9865-27c933cf3441.html

1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Ryan Held isn't getting the Kansas head coaching job.  What have you seen from his running back coaching that makes anyone think he could make the jump to head coach ?

Maybe the fact that he has been a HC before at the Juco level and has pretty good coaching ties to schools in Kansas and Oklahoma. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, HANC said:

With names like Leipold, Fritz, Norvell, Holtz on the list , Held will NOT be the first option. 

Are we actually concerned about staff departures from the machine that is NU football these days?  The 4 win seasons are generating quite a bit of national coaching buzz amongst those programs with job openings.

With another sub-500 year possible on the horizon, the only staff departures set to occur will be those that result from termination.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HANC said:

With names like Leipold, Fritz, Norvell, Holtz on the list , Held will NOT be the first option. 

I would have to imagine they will have MUCH better options next season....Didnt they hire a WR coach to be their HC a few HCs ago? lol 

EDIT: I am referring to these coaches not Kansas

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Are we actually concerned about staff departures from the machine that is NU football these days?  The 4 win seasons are generating quite a bit of national coaching buzz amongst those programs with job openings.

With another sub-500 year possible on the horizon, the only staff departures set to occur will be those that result from termination.

It's also possible we are over 500

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
23 hours ago, Big Red Viking said:

Ryan Held isn't getting the Kansas head coaching job.  What have you seen from his running back coaching that makes anyone think he could make the jump to head coach ?

Sadly, you could say this about a lot of this staff. The undefeated season at UCF can no longer be used as a resume builder....Maybe year 4 it finally clicks.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, KC Sker said:

There ya go, fixed that for ya. :smokin

Thanks KC.  I am trying to be diplomatic and keep the peace within the various factions.  That said, I lean your direction on this forecast.

I just want us to get back to sustained program success and reaching a point where we can train our eye on external rivals once more.  We have been a circular firing squad as a fan base for nearly 20 years now.

• Plus1 1