Staff Changes

HANC

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

First I don’t think Steele is leaving the South, second why would you want to disrupt the clear positive progress the D has made over the past 3 years by adding a new coach to the mix unnecessarily? Adding a new voice for the coaches and players to have to adjust to, new scheme changes to have to teach the players (and coaches so they can teach it), and also risk potentially disrupting the obvious positive chemistry on that side of the ball with an unknown?

Well, what should a first post look like?  :-)

• Haha 1

I was just trying to make a splash with my first post. Steele on the staff in a co-d-cord position would be too many chefs in the kitchen. For all the reasons you mention. Yes the progress on D is noticeable and I wouldn't want to muddy the water with what Chins is doing because it is working. However Steele as a  Special teams coordinator I wouldn't be upset. And if he wanted to give some input on a defensive game plan I wouldn't oppose to it.

Herman as a OC would be freaking sweet. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I was just trying to make a splash with my first post. Steele on the staff in a co-d-cord position would be too many chefs in the kitchen. For all the reasons you mention. Yes the progress on D is noticeable and I wouldn't want to muddy the water with what Chins is doing because it is working. However Steele as a  Special teams coordinator I wouldn't be upset. And if he wanted to give some input on a defensive game plan I wouldn't oppose to it.

Herman as a OC would be freaking sweet. 

It would be if Frost would let him actually call plays, but since he wouldn't,  there's no point in wishing for this pipe dream

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Tom Herman is a decent offensive mind, sure, but counterpoint: Tom Herman sucks extremely hard and I do not want him around this program in any way.

On one hand I like the idea of bringing in someone with outside ideas. But yeah not Herman, he's an a$$. I would like us to pull a bama and bring in a temporary misplaced coach as an analyst and infuse some new ideas. 

• Plus1 1

Herman obviously didn't win as much as hoped-for but it's not like he didn't win. He will be a HC again, soon if he doesn't want to just kick-back and live off his buyout for a while. I'd rather have a guy more likely to stay a while. IMO we should be trying like hell to replace Mario with Helfrich. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Special teams analyst Jonathan Rutledge has been let go 

Guess we won't be seeing that year 2 bump. Can't say I'm too disappointed though, the only significant improvement was a real kicker - I would've expect improvement in the coverage teams right away. I was willing to wait and see, but honestly props to Frost for not accepting it and making a move.

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Guess we won't be seeing that year 2 bump. Can't say I'm too disappointed though, the only significant improvement was a real kicker - I would've expect improvement in the coverage teams right away. I was willing to wait and see, but honestly props to Frost for not accepting it and making a move.

Should’ve hired on Sean Snyder as our special teams coach & let go of Mario or moved him to an analyst role. Special teams has cost Frost at least one game a year 2/3 years he’s been here. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

So does Frost take the Pelini approach and focus on the special teams himself? Considering that was the last time we saw really improved special teams.