Staff Changes

HANC

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

After quick internet stalking for Bill Busch's bio, it looks like he married his current wife in 2019.  This is likely not the mother of his children, so his children probably live with the mom in a more stable environment.  Busch's new wife probably accepts the nomadic lifestyle of a D1 football coach as a tradeoff for his annual salary which is in the mid-six figures.

Here is a good reason he is coming to Lincoln:

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-names-former-lsu-and-nu-assistant-bill-busch-defensive-analyst

The other connection that brought Busch back to Nebraska is his wife lives in Lincoln full-time, and both his parents reside in Creighton, so taking a position in 2021 under Frost makes sense for a lot of different reasons.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Coaches know they have a nomadic life when they enter the profession, and they explain the situations to their spouses/significant other/families.  It looks like Bill has 3 kids, but he's 55, there is a good chance they are grown and out of the house (total guess on my part).  For this role with NU, Busch may tell his wife that she can live wherever she wants for the next year, and visit him in Lincoln when she wants to.  This role will be a one-year stopover for Busch, unless he gets promoted to a full-time gig in 2022 (if one comes open).  Each coach probably has arrangements with their family that depends on each personal situation.

Heck, Mike Riley lived out of the Embassy Suites for most of his tenure at NU.  I know that his wife had issues with paint allergies, but he was the head coach and didn't even bother trying to re-establish himself in Lincoln.

EDIT:  After quick internet stalking for Bill Busch's bio, it looks like he married his current wife in 2019.  This is likely not the mother of his children, so his children probably live with the mom in a more stable environment.  Busch's new wife probably accepts the nomadic lifestyle of a D1 football coach as a tradeoff for his annual salary which is in the mid-six figures.

Ted Bundy is shaking his head at this post.  

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well then, he probably has a place to stay.  

I know you are joking, but if I am 55 years old and still making $400K+ from my previous job, and have a relatively new wife, I am not staying at her parents.  I'd get that sweet apartment in Downtown Lincoln to where I have a short commute to work and enjoy a bit of what Lincoln has to offer.

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know you are joking, but if I am 55 years old and still making $400K+ from my previous job, and have a relatively new wife, I am not staying at her parents.  I'd get that sweet apartment in Downtown Lincoln to where I have a short commute to work and enjoy a bit of what Lincoln has to offer.

Stay in the dorms!

Like Hank Hughes did when he was DL coach at Nebraska.

How there has not been more talk about that, or a sitcom created about it, I have no idea.  How amazing would it have been to be on his floor as a freshmen.

"Hey, Hank, Hank, can you make a run to Mums, please please, last time, I swear.  We want a case of Keystone, do you think you can get bottles?  And, like, 3 bottles of Mad Dog 20/20, the purple one"

"Ugggg, okay, but this is the last time Chad, I still have to grade practice film AND I can't find my hoodie for tomorrow, did you take it?  Also, my parents are coming down this weekend for the game vs Purdue, so like, don't let them know you drink and stuff"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It says his wife lives in Lincoln full time.  

17 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Hey by all means be ignorant. His addition is big for us. With Fisher flirting this past off season with Georgia, he may be on the lookout for the next stop soon. Busch is a proven recruiter and would be able to step into a role if needed. As for guys he recruited here previously: Bowman, Amukamara, Burkes, Hagg, Marcel Jones, among others. In short, the guy knows how to sell Nebraska to recruits. 

Analyst roles obviously have limitations but they seem to be working for Alabama and their seemingly unending rolodex of analysts. I’m not obsessed over it but I do believe it is a great addition for the program. 

fxjz.gif

• Haha 2

we hired a proven P5 defensive coach who has the ability to take over LB or DB coaching in the blink of an eye if someone leaves after next year. I wanted Riley and Frost to bring him back when they were both hired. He has shown the ability to bring in NFL talent to NU consistently. In an analyst role or whatever we still get to utilize his ability to identify high caliber talent and key in on it. 

• Fire 1