Logan Smothers

suh_fan93

17 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious question, how does 2am and the wolverine stand up side to side.  I mean pound for pound, height,  throwing style, throwing ability, pocket passer vs 40time all of that.  I feel somewhat like weve let so many potential good qbs go down the road because we stick with one guy and thats the guy.  We forget the ints thrown all last year, we forget how they look when the pocket collapses.  I remember when cody green, tristin gebba, patrick obrien, ryker fife were all considered the 2nd coming of christ.  And yet none of them worked out.  Did none of them work out or did none of them work in our system.  Does anyone work in our system.  The problem with college is there is an expiration date.  With qbs more than anything, youve got a certain amount of time to join a team, learn a system and prove your worthy to lead that team otherwise your just a backup and maybe never given the chance.  I dont know, seems like this is always a problem for nebraska.  I dont think i can in the history of me seriously watching this program list one qb weve had make it to the next level at qb.  Thats what we need, we need one or two stellar players in 1 position to make or break this team.  Look how good we were with suh, or burkhead.  Just someone who brings some G dam inspiration to his teammates.  Thats what i think we really need.  Can Smothers do it, how long should he wait around for an opportunity.  How many growing pains can we go through to wait for that.  If luke and adrian are flat out badass runners then let them run, and leave the throwing to someone whos g dam accurate at it.  Kinda ranty but id like to not have a heart attack every time the dam ball is thrown.  And if someone isnt going to make a educated decision on throwing the ball then dont friggin throw it.

Beau Davis enters the chat.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Just looked up Beau Davis, i dont think people would sit for 4 years just to ride the pine.

He was destroyed by TT.  IIRC, he never played again.  Calmly threw him to the wolves.  I still feel bad for the kid.  

21 minutes ago, Toe said:

"Appears" based on what, exactly? When did he make an appearance? :blink:

He practices great Sun-Fri.....

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I hope Smothers is ready to go next year, I don't think he will start, but history shows we will need him. I don't think Luke can make all the passes Frost requires from his QBs, and Adrian has had 2 shoulder surgeries in 4 years, and missed practices due to his shoulder this year - I honestly think this has contributed to his regression. 

The shoulder injuries make it more questionable all the running they're having the QBs do.  Sure you could argue that was out of necessity but if you get the QB hurt it further limits your options.  This offense has to have a QB who can throw and RBs who gain rushing yardage efficiently. 

Get Smothers ready to backup, and stop running the QB so dang much in 21, unless it's Luke in his new hybrid role at RB/WR.

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I hope Smothers is ready to go next year, I don't think he will start, but history shows we will need him. I don't think Luke can make all the passes Frost requires from his QBs, and Adrian has had 2 shoulder surgeries in 4 years, and missed practices due to his shoulder this year - I honestly think this has contributed to his regression. 

Are you saying AM can make all the passes required ?  How many open receivers were missed this year ?

30 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

Are you saying AM can make all the passes required ?  How many open receivers were missed this year ?

Big difference between can and will. Adrain absolutely can make all the throws. Will he make a given one? :dunno Luke on the other hand, even the 'can' part is uncertain. Sure didn't look like he had the arm for downfield throws against Illinois, but it is a small sample size.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hell of a lot better than Luke.  

Without question.  AM should be the starter in 2021.  Luke is a similar mold to Wandale (and brother Christian) in terms of athleticism.  He is being done a great disservice when he is asked to throw the ball. 

Both athletes should be on the field with AM at all times next year.  He is completely wasted by being a backup QB.  

With that resolved, can we now get the snaps, missed blocks, and OL holds fixed so AM can confidently make decisions?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Without question.  AM should be the starter in 2021.  Luke is a similar mold to Wandale (and brother Christian) in terms of athleticism.  He is being done a great disservice when he is asked to throw the ball. 

Both athletes should be on the field with AM at all times next year.  He is completely wasted by being a backup QB.  

With that resolved, can we now get the snaps, missed blocks, and OL holds fixed so AM can confidently make decisions?

I think that is obvious to anyone watching,  and I'm sure Frost knows this in his own head.  The only one doing a disservice to Luke is Luke by wanting to remain a QB, unless Frost actually believes he can be a QB also. My suspicion is Frost is just trying to keep him on the team and find the right time to broach a position move.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1