Logan Smothers

suh_fan93

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Idk if that’s just coach speak but that makes me feel a little better. Be nice to save two more scholarships in during or post spring & not waste one on a QB. 

Yeah thought it felt like coach speak at first glance to me also but still felt the same.  Personally I don't know much about Haarburg besides his reels but he looks the part.  Wondering if he can put that and what lies between the ears together at the next level.  He's intriguing mostly as he looks like he throws a pretty good ball but looks like he runs well also.

I'd still temper your expectations for Smothers, at least for the near future. Remember that it's the top two guys that get most of the snaps in practice, and Smothers wasn't one of them this past year. Luke saw a decent amount of game time in his true freshman year, but the same can't be said for Smothers.

Maybe he's one of those guys who's ready to rock on day one, but I don't think that should ever be the expectation a freshman.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Toe said:

I'd still temper your expectations for Smothers, at least for the near future. Remember that it's the top two guys that get most of the snaps in practice, and Smothers wasn't one of them this past year. Luke saw a decent amount of game time in his true freshman year, but the same can't be said for Smothers.

Maybe he's one of those guys who's ready to rock on day one, but I don't think that should ever be the expectation a freshman.

The QB room is very different now than when Luke came in.  Also, a heck of a lot of that playing time as a freshman wasn't at QB.  They aren't going to put Smothers out there as a WR or RB.  Last year, Frost had what he thought was two options at QB that were ready to be #1 and #2.  When Luke was a Freshman, Frost had basically just a good #1.

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Opened this halfway expected to see that he was transferring. 

He will be here through this season.  As long as he can solidify himself as the #2 or better, he will probably be here through at least 2022.  If not, like most other QBs in his situation, he will explore his options.    

• Plus1 1