Jack Stoll

Mavric

1 minute ago, YetiJR said:

I really don't understand this comment. Stoll is already projected as a 5th round pick. If he has a good combine, he works his way into the 4th. On top of being a 6 year senior if he comes back.

Stoll gave everything he had for NU for 5 years, including fighting through a semi-serious injury this year. 

Also, is Roby considered a failure because he left NU a year early?  He made the Thunder’s opening day roster this year.

• Plus1 4
34 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

I really don't understand this comment. Stoll is already projected as a 5th round pick. If he has a good combine, he works his way into the 4th. On top of being a 6 year senior if he comes back.

Where do you see 5th round mocked? I would take that bet as I don't see him being drafted.

• Fire 1
33 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Yeah, thats kindof what i was getting at.

I haven't seen that anywhere,  but i could be wrong

Didnt say he was a failure, just wasn't drafted, reading way to much in there.

Roby was drafted in the 2nd round, #45 pick.  Also, in the NBA, outside of the lottery, it really doesn’t matter where a player is picked. He just needs to improve as a player and hope to make a team. 

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Ah hell, you are right, got my bb players confused. 

Who was the player that declared early, then didnt get drafted, was that pitchford?

It might have been Pitchford, but he was also ready to be done with school.  I don’t get why people always want guys to stay and play at the school, even if the player isn’t into it anymore. 

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It might have been Pitchford, but he was also ready to be done with school.  I don’t get why people always want guys to stay and play at the school, even if the player isn’t into it anymore. 

Speaking of Pitchford, he would of been good in Hoibergs offense.

Some quick research, people are getting the "fifth-round grade" from NFL Draft Scout. But this site seems a little sketchy and I remember it also listed JD as a second-round pick last year, so maybe not the most reliable resource. They also have him as the No. 12 TE.

The Draft Network has him as the No. 429 player, ESPN does not give him a draftable grade and Walter Football doesn't have him in its top 19 tight ends. So I think he's probably a UDFA guy with this one outlier place saying he's a fifth-round pick.

Which is fine. He was a good dude who played his a$$ off for NU. If he wants to be done for whatever reason that is perfectly understandable and valid and we should all wish him well.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Some quick research, people are getting the "fifth-round grade" from NFL Draft Scout. But this site seems a little sketchy and I remember it also listed JD as a second-round pick last year, so maybe not the most reliable resource. They also have him as the No. 12 TE.

The Draft Network has him as the No. 429 player, ESPN does not give him a draftable grade and Walter Football doesn't have him in its top 19 tight ends. So I think he's probably a UDFA guy with this one outlier place saying he's a fifth-round pick.

Which is fine. He was a good dude who played his a$$ off for NU. If he wants to be done for whatever reason that is perfectly understandable and valid and we should all wish him well.

Sites like that get paid by clicks, just like most other sites.  I wonder if anyone has ever looked into their player ratings vs fan base size to see if there is a correlation.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were bumping certain players from large fan bases up just to increase traffic.  

As for Stoll, I wish him the best.  I think he is leaving at the right time with the younger players improving considerably and Fidone coming in.  I'm guessing his time was going to be shared at best next year.   

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s fully understandable why a fan wants a player to stay. It’s also understandable why a player wants to be done. 

• Mavric changed the title to Jack Stoll