2021 Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What is Lancaster County doing now?  Any Lincolnites care to fill us in?

We are currently at Yellow on the warning dial, meaning we are to avoid crowded places, confined spaces, or close contact. We have been trending downward for the last two months, though, so if the Spring Game is in May, that may put us in Green, meaning we're pretty much opened up. 

Bars & restaurants are open for in-person dining/drinking, but I don't think they're at full capacity.

13 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm getting my first shot of 2 in about 3 hours and even I am already hard passing on any live sporting events, concerts etc in the near future.  Gonna see how this all plays out first rather than diving in head first but this is probably for another thread my apologies.

I'm the same way. I'm 3 weeks in after my vaccine, but I'm still going to be wearing masks in public for the near future. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

The right decision. Now..all you old balls  go and get your vaccine or you may not be able to tell us to sit down this year at the games 

I would be perfectly fine with only vaccinated people allowed in.

However, by fall, anyone who wants a vaccine will have it. I'm of the opinion that once that's the case, the ones who didn't get it, are doing so at their own risk.  At this point, I do not plan to alter the way I live. 

edited by me. 

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What is Lancaster County doing now?  Any Lincolnites care to fill us in?

Most restrictions have been lifted but there is still a 75% occupancy rule in effect for bars and restaurants.  They have plenty of recommendations but not too many restrictive rules.  Masks are still required in many places.

I would guess they will allow 25% capacity to start.  

i am just hoping we get a decent 1-2 set of running backs with some speed, all these guys and we basically ran Mills last season most of the time, disappointing.

and we already hear Stepp will be the man, damn, all these other guys are beaten out before they get here? that's s true condemnation of our recruiting process.

a real problem for Frost.

38 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

and we already hear Stepp will be the man, damn, all these other guys are beaten out before they get here?

Says who? It's true that our current RBs haven't shown jack yet, but I haven't heard anything to the effect of Stepp being expected to start right away.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Toe said:

Says who? It's true that our current RBs haven't shown jack yet, but I haven't heard anything to the effect of Stepp being expected to start right away.

Would be shocked if Stepp didn't start right away. Under Frost we've brought in as running back transfers Bell and Mills and both started as starters.  In fact it took a couple games to move away from Bell. Based on those transfers and how underwhelming the group was last year, he would be my odds on favorite. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 2021 Spring Practice Notes