2021 Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

16 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I actually love this. That's good coaching.

Kind of scary that in year 4 they still seem to be struggling with basic form though.  I had to send the Tweet to our other coach in my building.  That looks exactly like the conversations we have with our 7th and 8th graders...

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Frost does not look happy watching his WRs block in these drills. Every time his body language is "UGH"

Those are RBs and TEs so definitely reason to be mad about it. WR blocking is critical to breaking big runs, but when TEs and RBs miss a block it's probably a TFL or sack. Does look like they're blocking from split out wide which probably feels a bit unnatural to them and is more in the "need it to take the next step" bucket rather than "this play won't work" one, but still. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Kind of scary that in year 4 they still seem to be struggling with basic form though.  I had to send the Tweet to our other coach in my building.  That looks exactly like the conversations we have with our 7th and 8th graders...

I mean.... just because the coaches have been here four years doesn't mean that all the players have.   Or that those players have done much of that particular technique before.  Or any number of other scenarios.

But some people will find a way to spin pretty much anything as negatively as possible.

• Plus1 8
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean.... just because the coaches have been here four years doesn't mean that all the players have.   Or that those players have done much of that particular technique before.  Or any number of other scenarios.

But some people will find a way to spin pretty much anything as negatively as possible.

It's what some Nebraska fans do best.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm actually very cautiously optimistic for this season.  But needing more than one demonstration to run a "fundamentals" drill is hardly a positive.  At least it looked like they were getting better.  That's good.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

It's sad that our coaches are drilling home the finer points of technique on fundamentals, something that every college football program at every level does in the first week of camp? Dear lord, some of you guys just look for stuff to get mad about.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

It's sad that our coaches are drilling home the finer points of technique on fundamentals, something that every college football program at every level does in the first week of camp? Dear lord, some of you guys just look for stuff to get mad about.

7581.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6