2021 Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.

After watching all the different highlight clips from the different outlets it appears we are still going to struggle with throwing the ball accurately consistently. I do have to say it appears Haarberg has put in a lot of work and would not be surprised to see him at the #2 QB spot by end of year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

After watching all the different highlight clips from the different outlets it appears we are still going to struggle with throwing the ball accurately consistently. I do have to say it appears Haarberg has put in a lot of work and would not be surprised to see him at the #2 QB spot by end of year. 

I guess I haven't seen that from the clips I've watched.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Martinez skipping a ball to a wide open receiver across the middle. Throwing YOLO bombs into double coverage. 

Martinez (in the red sleeves) missed the deep cross over the middle but otherwise completed everything else we saw and dropped a couple of really nice dimes. The QB in the black sleeves (I think it's Smothers) threw one YOLO bomb and missed an open deep pass. Regardless, it's a handful of the hundreds or reps they're going to take in practice and drawing any meaningful conclusions from them is very silly.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
Just now, J-MAGIC said:

Martinez (in the red sleeves) missed the deep cross over the middle but otherwise completed everything else we saw and dropped a couple of really nice dimes. The QB in the black sleeves (I think it's Smothers) threw one YOLO bomb and missed an open deep pass. Regardless, it's a handful of the hundreds or reps they're going to take in practice and drawing any meaningful conclusions from them is very silly.

I agree with this but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the two mistakes shown wasnt the only two errors. I hope I am wrong but I am hoping we actually focus on running the damn ball so Martinez can deliver those shots to Betts consistently. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Behind Smothers ?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What is this they are practicing? A downfield pass? Have we actually attempted anything like this in a real game in the last 3 years?

My sentiments exactly.  This also illustrates why I discourage fans from watching film of practice sessions and projecting progress.  Practice and games are fundamentally different.  No pass rush, receivers always get open with single coverage, and base defensive sets that give the QB every advantage.  Let's see this on a Saturday when it counts.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I agree with this but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the two mistakes shown wasnt the only two errors. I hope I am wrong but I am hoping we actually focus on running the damn ball so Martinez can deliver those shots to Betts consistently. 

So much this.........